“Not the same” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pagliuca's Restaurant

Pagliuca's Restaurant
14 Parmenter St, Boston, MA 02113-2307 (North End)
617-367-1504
Neighborhood: North End
Tyngsboro, MA
“Not the same”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We've been going to "Pags" for many years. You don't need a reservation and if you time it right you can always get in. The host/hostess and wait staff have been there for years and are always friendly and helpful. Yesterday we went to "Pags", with another couple, late in the afternoon before the dinner rush. We were seated in a newer section downstairs. The room filled up quickly. I make delicious red sauce and am fussy about when dining out. Everyone at the table ordered something with a red sauce base and all said it tasted bland. My husband's sausage tasted dry and very bland. The veal dish my friend ordered looked awful and she said it was tasteless. The other person at the table got a lobster dish that he said was overcooked. I got veal parm which was good but the side of pasta with sauce was bland. I'm not sure if they have new cooks or just don't taste what they put on the plates. We've decided to give "Pags" a rest for awhile. There are too many better choices in the North End.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

New England
“Warm staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We were welcomed warmly by the staff which all seemed to be related - I have no idea if they are, but that speaks to the warm atmosphere and sense of unity in the staff. This restaurant is old world, like most of the restaurants in the North End used to be before so many of the places changed hands and became chefy. We sat in the lower level, which was nice, and our server was excellent. We thought that the house wine was good and was an excellent value. The food, however, was meh. It was not inspired, it was fine, but nothing to write home about - our socks were not knocked off. The pasta is not homemade, or at least, not by them - you can tell the difference. Perhaps some of their pasta is fresh, but the angel hair and the linguine are definitely not homemade.

Visited November 2013
Middleboro, Massachusetts
“Chicken Felix”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

food was great friendly fast service cant say enough! Gave us bread at beginning of meal delicious Cesar Salad! Wine by the glass reasonable. Doesn't get any better!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Pagliuca's Restaurant a real family place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

A busy day sightseeing Boston we are taken by friends who live here to one of their favourite eating places. The welcome was so warm we felt part of the family. the place is electric with the buzz of conversation and happy eaters. The Italian food is excellent and they are open to choices off the menu. Quick service with a smile and plenty to eat and drink. We were made to feel like regulars. This is a great little restaurant in an area like little Italy with so many to chose from. I can certainly highly recommend this.

Visited October 2013
Houston, Texas, United States
“Feels like you are in Italy!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This is one the best places to eat lunch if you are finishing up the Freedom Trail or as I like to call it, the Red Line. Our server was very welcoming and knowledgeable about the menu and quick to bring our food. I love that my food was so hot that I couldn't touch it for 5 minutes, just like you would with a home cooked meal. The area is cozzy, cute, and picturesque. Although I have yet to visit Italy, this is how I would imagine it. If you want hot food delivered by a friendly face, then you need to visit Pagliuca's!!!

• Visited October 2013