“The Good and The Bad” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Trattoria Il Panino

Trattoria Il Panino
11 Parmenter St, Boston, MA 02113-2306 (North End)
(617) 720-1336
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Il Panino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 2,670 Restaurants in Boston
Transit: Government Center on the Green Line
Berwick
“The Good and The Bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I'll make this short and sweet. The food is outstanding. Great Italian cooking with an attractive menu of choices.
That where the positives end. As good as the food is, we'll never return. The attitude from our server screamed of " I couldn't care less about you people." This is too bad because this isn't the first time we've eaten here, but it's our last.There are dozens of restaurants in the North End. We'll take our chances elsewhere, and hopefully not be treated as rudely as we were at Trattoria Il Panino.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
“Expensive extortion”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Before I begin, I will say that the simple ziti marinara that my children ate was good. That being said the Italian waitress continuously tried to oversell items, offering water and bringing an over prices bottled water, over working the 'specials', never mentioning the prices. I had the frutti di mare where the pasta was basically cut up cannelloni, didn't fit into a normal human mouth. The sauce was okay, the fish selection in the plate...shrimp, 5 mussels and two clams, and the smallest calamari I have ever seen! They serve in the pan the items are cooked in...yippie, that gimmick should not save this place. The bill in the end was way too much for 3 plates of pasta (my children shared the marinara).

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hawaii
“Beautiful Sunday brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We enjoyed a very nice Sunday brunch here this past October. We started out with some of the zucchini flowers and some of the baby octopus affogato – the zucchini flowers were absolutely delicious, and everyone, including my 4 year old niece wishes that we could have just eaten this (but that would have meant missing out on the delicious dishes that followed); the baby octopus too, was delicious and cooked perfectly. The dishes that we ordered, the costata di vitello Milanese, ossobuco alla Milanese, ravioli con aragosta (this is most probably the finest lobster ravioli dish that I have had anywhere), and a couple of other pasta dishes were all delicious, and exceptional. The veal Milanese we would have to all agree, was the pick of the day. Throughout our meal, the staff was extremely attentive, and gracious, and it felt like we were guest in someone’s home as they were all so nice to all of us, and made my young niece feel especially important. This restaurant is not to be missed when you visit Boston’s North End, and certainly not be missed if you enjoy exceptional Italian food and great service in a more laid back and comfortable, family style restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
milwaukee
“This place is my favorite Boston restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Our servers, especially Maria Delvecchio, both great. We stayed for 2 hours eating, talking, and drinking wine. I go there whenever I am in Boston. Food is excellent, great wine list, perfectly content.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wellesley, Massachusetts
“Go to restaurant in the North End”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

You absolutely cannot go wrong here. No matter what dishes you like best, no matter what day you show up, the food is superb. The freshest ingredients, homemade pasta, great seafood from the docks down the street, and an authentic atmosphere all make Trattoria Il Panino our favorite restaurant in Boston's North End. There are many choices, some with longer lines, but this place stands the test of time and whenever a friend comes in from out of town, this is where I take them, with uniformly great results. The service is also consistently friendly and attentive. Just go.

• Visited October 2012