“Amazing food and fun staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of P.F. Chang's

P.F. Chang's
8 Park Plz Ste D6, Boston, MA 02116 (Downtown)
(617) 573-0821
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #583 of 2,670 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Bistro, Family Fare
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Doing business, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
West Sussex
“Amazing food and fun staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

For a large chain they certainly still have the fun factor our Waiter was brilliant fun and the food was fantastic - glad we chose this as our last place to eat in Boston

Visited July 2013

Dedham
“P.F. Chang's China Bisgtro at Legacy Place, Dedham, MA”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was in this restaurant actually today, July 29th. The waiter was very nice, very helpful and very polite. The restaurant was practically empty except for maybe around a half dozen people there. The only P.F. Chang's I have gone to was the one in Boston, which I actually had the best meal of my life. I thought the one in Dedham would have been just as good, but, the food is totally "different" from the one in Boston. It was ok but, nothing I would go back for.
I even ordered the same meal, the Orange Peel Chicken". NO comparison to the way Boston makes it, NONE!

The only other problem was that I happen to be out with a girlfriend of mine to have a nice quiet lunch with her. It was going to be our last lunch where she is moving out of State, so, it was an important time to say good bye. It was lunch time and there was practically no one in the restaurant except for a couple of small parties. Within 5 minutes that we sat down, don't they have a woman with an infant baby sit right next to us? I couldn't believe it. Why would a restaurant purposely put a crying infant right next to us when there were so many other booths/tables open. I thought it was very rude and NO, I will never go back there again. I don't care how great the food is.

Elaine D.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Quincy, Massachusetts
“PF Chang's has an array of flavors!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I hadn't been here in about 15 years, but was pleasantly surprised to find that it was still as delicious as I'd remembered. My son and I went after a show, and had an early dinner that was lovely. We did the "fixed price" menu for fun and enjoyed everything thoroughly! Great ribs for apps; delectably sauced and tenderly cooked. Egg drop soup was flavorful. Entrees were a thumbs up! the only downside was that they didn't have a dessert we were hoping for, but otherwise, we were deliciously pleased!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This restaurant was around the corner from our hotel. We were visiting Boston for a family vacation and it was my son's 11th birthday. He loves Chinese food and the menu seemed to have stuff on it that he would like.

We ordered the Honey Chicken kid's meal for him which he liked and the server brought him a different dipping sauce when he didn't like the one that came with it.

We ordered won-ton soup which was tasty and, surprisingly, had shrimp in it. The vegetable spring rolls were crisp and hot. The beef and broccoli was good as was the pineapple chicken. Chicken Fried Rice was also very tasty.

We had mentioned at the onset of the meal that it was my son's birthday. We then decided to order a trio plate of small desserts to share. The waiter brought it over with birthday candles and comped us the dessert -- very nice and unexpected.

I would definitely go again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Really?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I've seen these restaurants in strip malls, but it was a first to see in a city. When friends suggested eating at P. F. Chang's I went along with it. We waited about 15 minutes for the waiter to come over when he did, he asked if this was our first visit. As it was, he then went thru this whole explanation about the three sauces and how would we like them as he would mix them for us. We were puzzled, as there was nothing on the table but the sauces. Did we really need to care? We were looking for water to drink, which he finally brought. Our appetizers were mediocre
Edamame was over cooked (that was taken off the bill). The stuffing for the lettuce wraps was average. Entres were so-so. With Chinatown virtually around the corner, we would have been better served there.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere