“Over time, the service has deteriorated....” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dartmouth & Stuart
Transit: Green Line: Copley T Stop or Orange Line: Back Bay T Stop
Description: Voted Boston’s “Best Clam Chowder” by Boston Magazine and awarded "Best Seafood Restaurant" by Boston's People's Choice Awards. Spend the evening at the best of the best, Back Bay’s premier sustainable seafood restaurant, where Chef Armand Toutaint expertly prepares fresh, sustainable seafood with the finest ingredients and purest flavors. The restaurant’s handsome design is dominated by seven-foot high French Café windows that overlook Copley Square, and includes Italian terrazzo tiled floors, Hollywood-style banquettes, and floor-to-ceiling mahogany paneling. Turner Fisheries also features three private dining rooms accommodating up to 140 people.
Boston, Ma
“Over time, the service has deteriorated....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have been going to Turner Fisheries for the last 5 years. The service has gone downhill. The waiters just just don't give a damn. They look at you and walk away. This has happened consistently over the last 2 years. The food is good, but the bad service ruins everything

Visited November 2012

73% Recommend
Providence, Rhode Island, United States
“Hotel Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Turner Fisheries is a step-up from Legal Leafood a pleasant Hotel Restaurant in the same building as the Westin in Boston. We had the Beet Carpaccio made from golden beets as an appatizer and the Bouillabaisse (Fish Soup) which was very good. The Boston Cream Pie however must have been from Siscos frash of the deap frozen truck.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Exceptional food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I've been going to Turner Fisheries for years, and have never been disappointed. Their award-winning clam chowder is indeed far and above the best in Boston, full of clams, and not overly creamy. Their seafood is also always fresh (I especially love their salmon), and their desserts are delicious (try their Boston Cream Pie!). My eight year old son also loves dining here. In addition to exceptional food, they also offer exceptional service. Their dining room is also beautiful, and filled with natural light at lunch. I can't say enough good things about this restaurant!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I recently went to Turner Fisheries for a drink and a light meal. I was promptly seated at the bar. It can sometimes be awkward as a single diner, but the staff took great care to make sure I was completely comfortable. My server Jose was very personable and attentive. And the manager Jonathan was a delight, taking the time to chat with me and even offering some reading material (very impressed with his intuitive service). There is great seafood to be found all over Boston but it is the quality of the staff here that will bring me back upon my next visit to the city!

Visited October 2012
Temecula, Ca.
“Great Chowder”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Turner's Seafood, Boston, Copley plaza.

We ate here on our first night of vacation in the city of Boston. Turner's was recommended by the doorman at the Fairmont Hotel. We had the large bowl of Clam Chowder and I have to say, it was some of the best chowder that I have ever eaten. The cost was $8.00 for a 16 ounce bowl, well worth the money spent. We also had the Crab Cake. This is a fresh made crab cake that is outstanding, but at $14.00 per crab cake that is approximately 3 inches in diameter and about one and a half inches thick, it's priced a little high. I also tried the grilled Salmon, it was prepared perfectly. The waitress was very pleasant, but failed to bring the salad we ordered and brought us only one check when we asked for two separate checks. On a different note, the bar seemed to be a very popular hangout. Overall, I would definitely recommend it, the positives far outweighed the negatives of our dining experience.