“Great Chowder” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dartmouth & Stuart
Transit: Green Line: Copley T Stop or Orange Line: Back Bay T Stop
Description: Voted Boston’s “Best Clam Chowder” by Boston Magazine and awarded "Best Seafood Restaurant" by Boston's People's Choice Awards. Spend the evening at the best of the best, Back Bay’s premier sustainable seafood restaurant, where Chef Armand Toutaint expertly prepares fresh, sustainable seafood with the finest ingredients and purest flavors. The restaurant’s handsome design is dominated by seven-foot high French Café windows that overlook Copley Square, and includes Italian terrazzo tiled floors, Hollywood-style banquettes, and floor-to-ceiling mahogany paneling. Turner Fisheries also features three private dining rooms accommodating up to 140 people.
Temecula, Ca.
“Great Chowder”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Turner's Seafood, Boston, Copley plaza.

We ate here on our first night of vacation in the city of Boston. Turner's was recommended by the doorman at the Fairmont Hotel. We had the large bowl of Clam Chowder and I have to say, it was some of the best chowder that I have ever eaten. The cost was $8.00 for a 16 ounce bowl, well worth the money spent. We also had the Crab Cake. This is a fresh made crab cake that is outstanding, but at $14.00 per crab cake that is approximately 3 inches in diameter and about one and a half inches thick, it's priced a little high. I also tried the grilled Salmon, it was prepared perfectly. The waitress was very pleasant, but failed to bring the salad we ordered and brought us only one check when we asked for two separate checks. On a different note, the bar seemed to be a very popular hangout. Overall, I would definitely recommend it, the positives far outweighed the negatives of our dining experience.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I recently went to Turner Fisheries for a drink and a light meal. I was promptly seated at the bar. It can sometimes be awkward as a single diner, but the staff took great care to make sure I was completely comfortable. My server Jose was very personable and attentive. And the manager Jonathan was a delight, taking the time to chat with me and even offering some reading material (very impressed with his intuitive service). There is great seafood to be found all over Boston but it is the quality of the staff here that will bring me back upon my next visit to the city!

Visited October 2012
Derbyshire
“Good food with helpfull staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had evening 2 meals in Turners Fisheries connected to Westin Hotel they were very good and with a very good choose of fish and none fish. Staff were very good. Most of them were seniors. They had a great responsibility for make sure everybody was well looked after

Visited September 2012
edinburgh
“as good as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Having been here before we decided to pop in for a meal at the bar on the first night of our
vacation after a transatlantic flight and we were not disappointed. The service was friendly
and efficent from staff whom seem to have been here for years.
We had shrimp cocktail, crab cakes plus a dessert each and all of them were delicious.
The wine was reasonbly priced and Turner remains one of our all time Boston favourites.

thj

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Not just for the chowder...but also the home made oyster crackers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stopped here on a Foodie Tour of Boston. Yes, they have award winning chowder, but I have to say, I was equally impressed with their home made oyster crackers. I can't believe they don't sell these! So good! I hope when I return (and I plan to) that they will have them for sale.

• Visited September 2012