“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bristol Lounge

Bristol Lounge
200 Boylston St, Four Seasons Hotel, Boston, MA 02116 (Back Bay)
617 338-4400
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bristol Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #189 of 2,847 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Transit: Arlington T Stop
Description: Four Seasons Hotel Boston 200 Boylston Street Boston Massachusetts 02116
New Hampshire Seacoast
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Based on the excellent reviews, we decided to dine at Bristol Lounge to celebrate a special occasion...and we are so glad we did. Located in the Four Seasons hotel, the restaurant atmosphere is warm and relaxed but upscale, the food is expertly prepared and the service is top notch. The calamari appetizer was some of the best we have ever eaten. Gently coated and fried, extremely tender and the cilantro flavor was an unexpected delight. The special entrée was a filet of sole, which was excellent and the side was an incredible baked mushroom and cauliflower combination in a small casserole dish with a decadent cream based sauce with a crumb topping. Desserts were equally good, my favorite was a 64% Valrhona chocolate "brownie" that was rich and decadent. The meal was complimented by a great wine recommended by our server. A great dining experience that we hope to repeat soon.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Phoenix, AZ
“This is a Wonderful Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is a great special occasion place in Boston. But the bar area is also a nice place to stop in after spending some time in Boston. I like this place most of all in the fall and winter because it is so comfortable and welcoming. Comfortable seating, windows looking out onto the Common and gracious service make this a perfect place to celebrate with family, friends or special person.

The food is wonderful. Some of the items I have had: gnocchi, salmon, shrimp fried rice-all amazing. The last meal I had here was a filet mignon which blew the offerings of Boston's many half-baked corporate steak houses out of the water. It was a perfect cut prepared perfectly.

I love this place

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Excellent and Consistent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We have dined here several times for breakfast, lunch, dinner, as well as brunch and every time the food and service excellent.

Visited September 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing food with service to match”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have nothing bad to say about this place, and that's rare for me :)

We came here after a few days of struggling with food in Boston. I have a dairy sensitivity and although i cheat for desserts here and there, It's minimal in my diet. It seems like everywhere we went to eat in Boston butter was heavily added to everything. Even when we stated the allergy, most staff in most places just didn't get it. I was desperate for a good meal that wasn't going to bother my stomach so we decided to try out the Bristol lounge with our toddler. We figured that it's high end enough that my need for dairy free would be better understood and that hotels have a higher tolerance for kids when it comes to dining :) We were not disappointed.

The waiter was very accommodating and had no issue changing everything around to ensure that no dairy was in sight. He even offered to take the butter completely off of our table. The food was AMAZING!!!! I had the scallops (best scallops i've ever had) and my husband had the lamb which was divine! they had a lame kids menu with items like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or grilled cheese. The kids menu can definitely use improvement to provide some healthy choice for kids. Our waiter however was kind enough to make us one of the regular menu items into a smaller size for our toddler so he had salmon with rice and veggies.

Overall a great place, we would definitely diner there again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
princeton, nj
“Delicious Food, Excellent Service, Small Portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

The Bristol Lounge is located in the Four Seasons Hotel in Boston. My husband and I were staying at the hotel, so we decided just to eat in the hotel. We were seated immediately. Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu choices. She made excellent recommendations and she was very attentive. I started with the asparagus with a poached egg. It was spectacular. For my main course, I had "House made cauliflower pillows." It was a cauliflower ravioli that was unique and truly delicious. My husband had the "Simply greens" and then the spaghetti bolognese. When we were done, we were both still hungry! We told the server and she recommended that we order something from the Bristol Bar menu. We ordered the potstickers, also delicious, and that did the trick. Overall, the ingredients were fresh, the food was great, but for the price, the portions were too small.

• Visited September 2013