“Excellent and Consistent service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bristol Lounge

Bristol Lounge
200 Boylston St, Four Seasons Hotel, Boston, MA 02116 (Back Bay)
617 338-4400
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bristol Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #191 of 2,846 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Transit: Arlington T Stop
Description: Four Seasons Hotel Boston 200 Boylston Street Boston Massachusetts 02116
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Excellent and Consistent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We have dined here several times for breakfast, lunch, dinner, as well as brunch and every time the food and service excellent.

Visited September 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Amazing food with service to match”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have nothing bad to say about this place, and that's rare for me :)

We came here after a few days of struggling with food in Boston. I have a dairy sensitivity and although i cheat for desserts here and there, It's minimal in my diet. It seems like everywhere we went to eat in Boston butter was heavily added to everything. Even when we stated the allergy, most staff in most places just didn't get it. I was desperate for a good meal that wasn't going to bother my stomach so we decided to try out the Bristol lounge with our toddler. We figured that it's high end enough that my need for dairy free would be better understood and that hotels have a higher tolerance for kids when it comes to dining :) We were not disappointed.

The waiter was very accommodating and had no issue changing everything around to ensure that no dairy was in sight. He even offered to take the butter completely off of our table. The food was AMAZING!!!! I had the scallops (best scallops i've ever had) and my husband had the lamb which was divine! they had a lame kids menu with items like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or grilled cheese. The kids menu can definitely use improvement to provide some healthy choice for kids. Our waiter however was kind enough to make us one of the regular menu items into a smaller size for our toddler so he had salmon with rice and veggies.

Overall a great place, we would definitely diner there again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
princeton, nj
“Delicious Food, Excellent Service, Small Portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

The Bristol Lounge is located in the Four Seasons Hotel in Boston. My husband and I were staying at the hotel, so we decided just to eat in the hotel. We were seated immediately. Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu choices. She made excellent recommendations and she was very attentive. I started with the asparagus with a poached egg. It was spectacular. For my main course, I had "House made cauliflower pillows." It was a cauliflower ravioli that was unique and truly delicious. My husband had the "Simply greens" and then the spaghetti bolognese. When we were done, we were both still hungry! We told the server and she recommended that we order something from the Bristol Bar menu. We ordered the potstickers, also delicious, and that did the trick. Overall, the ingredients were fresh, the food was great, but for the price, the portions were too small.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New England
“Good but not as great as 1st visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Our friends had tickets to a matinee in Boston so we decided to meet up with them after the show for dinner. We suggested The Bristol Lounge because of their willingness to accommodate allergies. The Bristol Lounge offers a lounge menu, dinner menu, dairy free menu and a gluten free menu.

We were a party of 4 with an early reservation. Our waiter was a lovely gentleman from Italy with a fantastic sense of humor. We ordered drinks and started on the bread basket. The initial bread basket contained gluten but was dairy free. Our waiter ordered a gluten free basket for my friend. The four of us opted for the Seafood Sampler (we had fond memories of this from our previous visit). Sadly the sampler wasn't as good as we remembered. The crab, oysters, shrimp and lobster were all wonderful but the dish no longer comes with clams nor ceviche. On our previous dish the ceviche really elevated the sampler.

For entrees I ordered the Ahi Tuna (fricassee of spring peas, vines, pods, and pearls, and edamame hummus). This dish was wonderful. The Tuna cooked and seasoned beautiful and the vegetables were just right for a warm summer evening. My husband ordered the Soft Hewn Black Pepper Pasta (wild boar ragu and grated Romano). Our friends seemed to also enjoy their dishes although I can't quite recall what they ordered.

We all have decided that we would return to The Bristol Lounge again some time.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We've eaten here regularly over the years, before the theater. While fluctuating, it's always been very good, usual Four Seasons. We ate there last night, however, and the latest menu is creative, thoughtful and brilliantly prepared and plated. Until last night I would not have included the Bristol in my list of best Boston restaurants, but now I would. We also had a top-notch, seasoned waiter who was very well-informed. It is a little noisy, being a hard-edge room and containing both the restaurant and a bar, and serving families as well as couples. But overall, truly excellent.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere