“Great food and lots of fun” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
B & G Oysters is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #216 of 2,847 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Waltham
Laguna Hills, California
“Great food and lots of fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I ate at B and G Oysters on the first night of my trip to Boston at the recommendation of my B and B. The restaurant has a fun vibe and my oysters and main course mussels were excellent. I had such a good time sitting at the bar, that I went back again for my last night. Had to have more of the outstanding oysters, but chose the clams for the main course and an AWESOME ginger cake for dessert. The staff was very friendly and treated me even better when they recognized me the second time. They have a nice, if slightly pricy wine list with a good selection of wines by the glass. My seat at the bar let me have a look at the dishes being sent out to the tables, and everything was visually attractive and smelled great. I will be back the next time i am in town.

• Visited November 2012

Panama City Beach, Florida, United States
“Great Place...sit at the bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife and I visited this place based on reccommendation from our B&B and were very pleased. Most or all of the tables are reservation only which was fine. We were sat at the bar right in front of the chef. It was a lot of fun. The clam chowder was the best I have ever had. Home made french fries, lobster BLT, fried clam strips with home made tarter sauce. Lots of fun!

• Visited November 2012
Upstate NY
“Good food but the service was poor.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Yes, the oysters were excellent and fresh but the service we got was awful. There was seven of us and we were excited to go as it had a great review but the waitress could really careless about service. The person preparing the oysters also had an attitude as if we were bothering him. We did not enjoy it even though the food was good. Would never go back

Visited October 2012
Wakefield, MA
“My favorite of Barbara Lynch's restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

B&G hits it out of the park every time. They just know how to cook fish and make it taste phenomenal. I had hake last time (hake!) and it was the best fish I'd had since Eric Ripert blew me out of the water at Le Bernardin five years ago.

So among all of Ms. Lynch's excellent restaurants, and even though I've probably dined at No. 9 at least 40 times over the past 15 years, B&G hits exactly the right vibe. Much looser than No. 9, less ostentatiously hip than Drink, less fancy by a mile than Menton, and much moodier than Sportello.

You pay the Lynch premium for food ($3.75 for that oyster? really?) but you can't beat the taste or the setting. And the service is perfectly pitched to boot.

• Visited October 2012
North Fork, of LI
“Oysters and More”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

if you love Seafood, as I do, Boston is the spot, and unlike some other cities where one crustacean dominates seafood offerings, (yes Baltimore I am talking about you and the blue claw crabs, most of which are not local anymore), here you enjoy a full spectrum of the oceans bounty.

The menu offers many standbys, but here they are presented, and prepared to suit 21st century tastes. As an example an excellent fish and chips featured tempura light cod, and outstanding cole slaw, and you can request salad greens instead of french fries. Fried calamari may not sound earth shattering, but you'll search long to find it done more tender than here.

Their Lobster Rolls are hyper popular, but the Lobster BLT stole the show.

Portions are generous, and priced well for the South End.

For a real treat sit at the counter, and take in the action of the spotless open kitchen.

Ken