“Best Authentic Italian food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Limoncello

Limoncello
190 North St, Boston, MA 02113-2412 (North End)
(617) 523-4480
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: North End
“Best Authentic Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We were strolling around the Italian quarter when we stumbled on to this gem. Even though the restaurant was busy we were looked after and had a table in quick time. I can only describe our meal as the best we had up to that point of our time in Boston. It was only bettered by the next meal we had there 2 days later!!! I cannot praise the staff highly enough for their attention and courtesy. I can only say that when we return to Boston we will make Limoncello our first port of call. A hidden jewel!

Chicago, Illinois
“Bad food; worse service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

This is one of the worst Italian restaurants in Boston I've ever been to. The visit began on a good note with crusty bread, freshly-grated cheese, high quality olive oil and a lovely dish of warm Italian olives. Unfortunately, those items were the highlights.

Our waitress was snobby and robotic, reciting the daily specials and pausing between each dish to purse her lips and scowl. She recited the specials and took our order. Period. We had to flag down busboys for water, bread and beverage refills. No suggestions were made. No conversation was attempted.

A $10 glass of house chianti was okay. I've had better for less money. Veal parmigiana had an off taste and the thin red sauce lacked flavor. The pasta was mushy. I asked for a cup of extra marinara to moisten the pasta and was brought a flat dish of sauce that was dumped over my meal.

Braciolettine di polo was described as a stuffed chicken breast with imported ham and fontina cheese. It arrived as a rubbery, dry log of chicken covered in mushrooms.

The stuffed pork chop was nothing special and lacked any distinctive flavor. And an $8 Caesers salad resulted in a $10 up charge for a chicken breast on top.

Dessert was tiramisu that was dry and lacked any creamy consistency. Coffee was served with milk, not cream, which only served to turn it a muddy brown.

I expected much better from a restaurant in Boston's fabled North End. Believe me, we've had better Italian meals in sweet home Chicago. Avoid this place; you'll be very disappointed.

Yarmouth, Maine
“The best family owned Italian restaurant in Boston!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

We aways head for Limoncello's when we go to Boston. The staff is superb, friendly and want diners to have a great meal. Every time! Highly recommend.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Great casual Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Can't spell most of what I ordered, but it was delicious.
The staff was friendly.
I liked the Robert DeNiro photos.
Very good.
Prices in $15-30 range.

Visited March 2014
Jackson, Mississippi, United States
“Authentic Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

We were walking the Freedom Trial and decided to eat lunch at one of the many Italian restaurants in the area of Paul Revere's house. I stopped a local woman and asked which one was her favorite - Limoncello. We were there during an off time so it was not crowded, several staff members hung out by our table and helped everyone in our party choose the perfect dish and no one was disappointed.

The Veal Saltimbocca was so tender and cooked perfectly! I love that instead of a plate of olive oil to dip your crusty wonderful bread they bring a bowl of olives in seasoned oil...YUM.

• Visited March 2014