“Yummy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Paramount

The Paramount
44 Charles Street, Beacon Hill, Boston, MA 02114-4604 (Beacon Hill)
617 720 1152
Neighborhood: Beacon Hill
Boston, Massachusetts
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Be prepared to wait. This place is fairly small compared to the volume of business they do, but the food is definitely worth the wait! Ordered the caramel banana french toast. I'll be back!

Amherst, New York, United States
“Great food at a local favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

By chance we were sent to this local favorite by a store clerk in a nearby shop. Our timing put us in the lunch rush but we enjoyed watching the cooks at the grill and salad stations who turn out the freshly made food fast after your order. We met Boston people in line who said the wait would be worth it and they were right. The menu on wall signs includes breakfast all day plus paninis, salads, burgers. I had a freshly made Cobb salad, large enough for two and my husband had the crab cake sandwich. We shared an order of home fries since we watched the huge pile on the grill from the line. While everything was good i should have taken a note of all the regulars ordering breakfast food. Next time it will be French toast or poached eggs - both looked great.

Suffolk, UK
“Nothing outstanding”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Visited this restaurant on a Monday morning and was able to walk straight in and order, despite it being relatively busy. Everything works like clockwork here! By the time my food was ready, a table had become available and I was seated and able to enjoy my Strawberry pancakes, coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice. All 3 pancakes were cooked to perfection and the portion was big enough to share. The Cappuccino was just OK and was wishy washy. I would have preferred my coffee stronger. Maybe I am missing something but I did not find the breakfast to be particularly outstanding. The service, on the other hand was excellent. I did not have to wait long to order or to receive my meal and drinks. Staff were friendly and polite and spent time chatting to customers. Tables were swiftly cleared away after customers left, so there was never a long wait for a table.

My recommendation is to visit if you are in the area but it’s not worthy of a special trip.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Busy neighborhood restaurant, go early for dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Enjoyed our meal at this busy neighborhood restaurant.
The place filled up fast, so go early for dinner.
Great salads and burgers, nice selection of wines and beers.
Friendly service.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pittsburgh
“OK Food Not Worth the Wait”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We selected The Paramount because of the online reviews and it was close to our hotel. When we arrived, there was a long line. I thought it must be good. The line moves very slowly and you get yelled at by both patrons and workers. There is nothing that unusual about their setup: you order first and sit second. But given the setup, there is no second cup of coffee or any relaxing.

As for the food itself, it was OK. I had an omelet with tasty home fries. My wife had the french toast with bananas and caramel which was just OK. It is hard to screw that up.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere