“Very disappointed at lunchtime” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Paramount

The Paramount
44 Charles Street, Beacon Hill, Boston, MA 02114-4604 (Beacon Hill)
617 720 1152
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Neighborhood: Beacon Hill
Thousand Oaks, California
“Very disappointed at lunchtime”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This has been a family favorite breakfast destination, and is a Boston classic. My wife and I went to Paramount for lunch after a stroll through the Public Garden, and were very disappointed.

The normally friendly staff was grumpy. Even though empty, food prep was surprisingly slow...especially compared to busy breakfast times. One order apparently got picked up by someone else and I had to wait a while for mine.

We are hoping that breakfast will be a return to what we remember enjoying so much!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Nicosia, Cyprus
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We planned having breakfast at this place long before our visit to Boston because of the good reviews we read on Trip Advisor. We were absolutly satisfied by the food. We tried two omelets and the amazing by all means french banana caramel toast. The latter was just fantastic, thought it would be too sweet but the sweetness was so balanced I could have another one! The only thing is that I would enjoy more my breakfast if I didn't feel like I had to leave so that next customers can be seated. It would be better if there was more space for people to sit and actually enjoy the time there. Despite this, I totally recommend this place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Watford, United Kingdom
“Pancakes to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

After reading other reviews, we headed out to The Paramount on Friday morning and were not disappointed. You queue for food and order at the bar before taking a seat. The options are good and prices very reasonable for Boston and the quality. We had two kinds of pancakes, banana and apple-cinnamon, which we split between myself and my husband. The were both excellent and couldn't be faulted. They were having trouble with the till and couldn't take card payments, but we had cash. Definitly worth a queue, but I imagine it gets very busy at the weekends as brunch seems to be 'the thing' in Boston. This is why we love trip advisor, as I am sure we wouldn't have found this little gem otherwise!

Visited April 2013
UK, London
“Great spot for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Went to the Paramount on our first morning in Boston from the Revere Hotel (15min walk). Very good range, freshly cooked - thoroughly enjoyed it. Its also situated in a lovely street which is great for some shopping afterwards...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“What is the big deal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I do not understand the craze over this restaurant. Food is fine, but I wouldn't wait in line for it. I have been here for breakfast and dinner and it was fine, but I must be missing something.

Visited August 2012