“Great steak house near the south end...” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Grill 23 & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #87 of 2,847 Restaurants in Boston
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Stuart Street
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great steak house near the south end...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2008

Great steak house near the south end...

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“You can definitely find...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2008

You can definitely find better steaks in Boston.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“There has been some variance in their meat quality, especially in porterhouse, but personally their aged NY strips have...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2008

There has been some variance in their meat quality, especially in porterhouse, but personally their aged NY strips have been very consistent and loved them ! Also, they carry (or carried) '97 Tirant which matched well with a few different meats I have had there so far.

Conway, Arkansas
“Decent Steak”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2008

Although I would not say it is the best steak place in town, I would have to say that it was good and I liked the atmosphere. I was in town on business and had my hotel make a reservation for me. They were very accomodating for a one person diner on a Friday evening; giving me a table that had a great view of the kitchen so that I could watch the "show" as I waited for my dinner.

Atmosphere was nice; there were lots of big tables seated and they all seemed to be enjoying themselves. Loved the decor of the building - huge pillars!

Dinner was 8 oz Twin Filet Mignons and Garlic Mashed potatoes. Mashed potatoes were wonderfull. Filet Mignon was okay - first 4 oz one was tender and had decent flavor. Second filet was burnt on the outside. Not great, but wasn't the worst I have ever had either.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“one of the best steaks I've ever had...great service too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2008

one of the best steaks I've ever had...great service too