“Heaven on a plate !!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Troquet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #147 of 2,881 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: French, American
Good for: Bar scene, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Charles and Tremont
Transit: Green line to Boylston Street.
“Heaven on a plate !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We tried Troquet for the first time before going to a show in the theatre district. It's a great location for dinner before a show since its a short walk to the theatre. The food was so artistically presented and the food itself was heaven on a plate. I would highly recommended this restaurant. The wine list was superb and the staff very knowledgeable. Do try to sit upstairs by the window if possible.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“Wonderful food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Really great food and service. Be sure to make a reservation and sit upstairs, the dining room is much nicer than the bar downstairs. Great wine selection and knowledgeable staff. The food is special, definitely a step above the usual. Don't miss dessert, they are a work of art. Not an inexpensive place but worth it for a special meal.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Delft, The Netherlands
“We weren't impressed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My husband and I had dinner here before a theater show-- the location was perfect for that, the reviews were great, and they do take care to make sure you leave when you need to for a performance.

But for the price (each of our mains was $38) we were not that impressed with the food, or with the service. Our server was informal to the point where we felt a little uncomfortable, and her mannerisms seemed out of sync with the atmosphere they were trying to create in the restaurant.

If you truly appreciate French food, I would say this is not the right place. We tasted heavy salt on our dishes, and felt that the fresh ingredients did not shine through. If the price were less, we might have said "OK"-- but as we were really approaching this as "a meal to remember," we were disappointed and wouldn't go back.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Prepared to be wowed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Wow it is: food, wine, ambience, service, view and more -- the price is frankly great for such a good value, but it's not an inexpensive place. I went with one business associate just after work and it was far from crowded although Memorial Day week might explain that -- our server explained that the next day, a Thursday was fully booked.

The huge wine list is supposedly a selling point but I was more impressed by the huge list of wines by the glass, for which several options were paired as recommended with each food choice. My colleague and I were going red/ white, so glasses were preferred over a bottle. the recommended wines were superb and we drank heartily.

We both chose to start with Oysters, although we chose different ones. Immediately we began the experience of "everything is 'interpreted' and will be at least slightly different than what you might expect. But, interpretive with raw oysters? Indeed, presentation was excellent, as it would be with everything that night. But the mignonette sauce -- my consistent first choice with oysters -- was somewhat thick, as maybe a "runny jelly." Strange. Yet it worked amazingly well as did all of the rest of the night's "interpretive" foods (and I'm a huge critic of the different-just-to-be-different trend in restaurants -- i really like classic good tastes unless you can really make a clear improvement).

My entree was Diver Scallops and my friends the three kinds of pork. Both superb. My first impression of the scallops was that the artistic presentation with tasteful accouterments served to maybe hide somewhat smaller portions, but I was fooled -- I was forced to surrender after consuming two and a half of the four scallops served (they were each much larger than they seemed at first). The bed of "forbidden rice" that underlies the scallops was amazing (and amazingly didn't seem like rice at all). My friend struggled nightly but failed to finish his three kinds of pork -- he loved all three.

Service was very professional, prompt, there when you needed it but not overbearing -- she adapted well to our style (we were slow to decide, friendly but frequently seeking precise answers to very specific questions). Her food and wine knowledge was spot on.

There is a gorgeous view but no window tables for two -- the place seems somewhat smallish (its long and narrow) but the tables turn out to be quite well well spaced out, and in the end it's larger than it seemed at first impressions.

I had the soufflé for dessert; unusually, you can order this at the last minute and there is only a minimal extra wait time. I didn't care for the little scoop of somewhat strange ice cream that it came with, but it was on the side so who cares. The sauce, also on the side, was excellent.

I just had a knee procedure so the huge flight of stairs to the second floor dining (great little bar on the first floor) was daunting. However, I go up stairs better than down so I asked about options after dinner. I learned that there is an elevator, but it is well hidden and you need an employee to accompany you. it worked out fine.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

The food is always delicious and an exceptional wine list at the fairest prices in Boston. Visited several times and always excellent

• Visited March 2014