“Good Seafood” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Salty Dog Seafood Grille & Bar

Salty Dog Seafood Grille & Bar
206 Faneuil Hall Market Pl, Boston, MA 02109-1634 (Downtown)
(617) 742-2094
Neighborhood: Downtown
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Good Seafood”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Lunch party of six. Good, not fabulous seafood. Chowder was a bit bland, but good. Excellent, if not a bit pricey, lobster tetrazini. Weather permitting, much better to sit outside, than in.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Rahway, New Jersey
“Ok food, lack luster service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The title says it all. The food was just ok, and the service was lack luster. The location. Is perfect. I should have known that when there was an hour wait for other places and they could seat us right away that there would be a reason why!

Visited August 2013
Manchester, Connecticut
“Food Allergy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My fiance and I live in CT and my parents live in NJ and they came up this weekend and we came into Boston for the day. We were trying to decide on a place to eat and the Salty Dog seemed like the ideal place especially with the outside seating.

My fiance has a gluten allergy and we notified the server of this. We ordered a salad (to share) with NO CROUTONS because of the allergy. While there weren't any croutons on the salad we can see crumbs on the salad as if they were on there and someone took them off. We returned the salad and the server was apologetic and served us a new salad. We were definitely able to tell that it was a new salad but there were still crumbs on it!!!! I am a server myself and I take food allergy's very serious with my guests. This is a major city with millions of visitors. They need to be more on top of this issue. I am not blaming the server per say it could of been the person making the salad or the croutons may be close to the lettuce and fall in but regardless they should be more careful considering how many food allergy's there are these days.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cocoa Beach,Florida
“Nice place to eat and take a break at Fanieul Hall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is a small outside restaurant and bar. It has a nice view of the crowds moving by and at the one end you can see the busker shows in the front of the hall. The food was suprisingly good. we had a lobster sandwich , which is not a roll. The lobster was meatier and more of it and less sauce, prices were fair and no rush to be moved. The bathroom was scary, but it's and old building.

Visited July 2013
Upstate NY
“location, location, location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I agree with "travel-here-there". The location is what this place is about. We sat outside for a nice dinner. Great to be outside where the hustle and bustle is. Our waitress suggested a few things and we actually ended up ordering them. Boston Baked Scrod with fresh veggies was great...nice and light. My son got the Fisherman's platter...mainly for the assortment..clams, shrimp, and scallops. It was good, but then again...it's fried food. My other son had the Seafood Creaole..shrimp, scallops, and scrod. He said it had good flavor...not too hot. Although the waitress was great and attentive, when we asked for some bread because my one son swallowed a lemon seed (he slurped it up his straw in his lemonade), she brought some over, but then we noticed that we were charged $0.99 for it. That was kinda wierd. i've never been charged for bread at a restaurant. I thought the prices were a bit high, but again, the location was very nice...gotta pay the rent somehow!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere