“Cool place for young adults” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Living Room

The Living Room
101 Atlantic Ave, Boston, MA 02110-3702 (North End)
617-723-5101
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Living Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #632 of 2,847 Restaurants in Boston
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: Richmond St.
Transit: Orange Line: Haymarket Station Green Line: Government Center Blue Line: Aquarium Station.
East Rutherford, New Jersey
“Cool place for young adults”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The place is nice and they play good music. Just don't use coat-check because the staff is very irresponsible. My friend left her new coat at the coat check and they lost it. We went back the next day and they were very rude and did not seem to care about the fact that they just cost her $150.00.

Visited November 2012

New York City, New York
“Dont bother with this place as a nightlife venue”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Your not missing out, I do not suggest you go to this place.

Came here on a Saturday night for some cocktails with 2 friends. The room looked cozy but there were no seats available to sit at.

DJ was VERY disappointing, he abruptly transitioned from old school hip hop to songs like bon jovi then to reggae. It was not a smooth transition at all and cleared the floor as people were confused at what they were listening to.

If there were seats to sit at I would have stayed a bit longer but after one cocktail each my friends and I decided to leave.

We went to coat check to pick up my jacket and it was lost. The one task required of them, they could not do! Very unprofessional to say the least. I was taken in the back to see if my jacket was there and I saw glasses of beer and drinks on the shelf above where the jackets were hanging- no wonder they lost my jacket! No compensation was offered.

Definitely a no-go! Besides the cozy feeling, theres nothing else special about this place. I did not try the food so I cannot comment on that but the drinks were just average.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nashville, Tennessee
“Bar Scene was a good time..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have had food at this place before but I will now overlook that since being there on a Saturday night. Went there with a group of us for a friends birthday and had a great time, good atmosphere with a nice mix of people and music.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great place for a party!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We hosted an Engagement Party here for 75 people last Saturday night in their VIP Room. First let me say that the owner was so accommodating and easy to work with; he helped with the food and beverage selection, making suggestions -not pushy - really interested in making our party a success.

We chose to serve appetizers and drinks, a stationary table of cheese and fruit and a coffee and dessert table. Their private party menu is huge and you can order whatever you like. All of our guests loved the tuna on wonton, southwestern eggrolls, deluxe sliders, crab cakes... can't remember them all.

Service was fantastic- Hors d's were passed by servers and there were also servers taking drink orders- no one had to wait for something to eat or drink. Valet parking was available which was great for my guests. Prices are very reasonable!!

Bottom line- I wanted to go to a place where I didn't have to arrange for flowers or tablecloths or music - I just wanted to throw a party for my friends because after all I still have the wedding to make!

This was a great place and all of my friends had an amazing time!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Central New Jersey, United States
“Decent place to hang out and have a drink.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My Husband and I recently got back from a long weekend in Boston. We were looking for a lounge/wine bar to grab a drink before a late dinner. The place was close to our hotel so we thought we'd give it a shot. The place definetly looked a little past it's prime and the bar was very small but overall it was a pleasant experience. The service was good the place was not too loud or crowded. There appeared to be a slightly older crowd than the college students which filled some of the other places we saw. If you are looking to hang out in a relaxed atmosphere, nothing fancy, I'd give it a try.