“Outstanding Service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rosa Mexicano - Boston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #524 of 2,815 restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: We opened our first New England location in Boston in May 2012 at 155 Seaport Blvd. This stunning restaurant combines Rosa's trademark authentic Mexican cuisine and stylish, festive atmosphere with Boston’s hospitality to offer a unique dining experience. With its bright colors, Mexican artwork and fabulous food, all are sure to enjoy the style and tastes that are solely Rosa Mexicano.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Outstanding Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I took my husband to Rosa because he loves Mexican and it was a great choice. The location even though by the water did not have many patrons being that it was January and snowy. That was better for us, our waiter was superb and our hostess as well. I had the best sangria I have ever had! The white one. After dinner hot chocolates made me want to come back. The guacamole is always one of the favorite reasons to go:)

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

60% Recommend
Brookline, Massachusetts
“Cool space, good guac”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was my second trip to Rosa Mexicano, the first being on a nice summer evening. If you have the choice and the weather agrees, eating outside in the seaport area makes for a better experience. This trip was post- work on a Monday, so the restaurant wasn't nearly as lively as my previous weekend visit. I'd recommend the tableside guacamole, because guac always tastes better when freshly made and a little tableside entertainment is always fun. Rosa also has a good selection of fun drinks if you’re a tequila/margarita drinker. As a huge fan of mole sauce, I ordered the short ribs w/ the mole and it was just average. Not disappointing, just nothing to rave about and if you order it, hopefully you don’t mind looking at a giant plate of brown. Overall, I’d come back to Rosa’s for a fun time on a busier night. The food won’t wow you and there is better Mexican food right in the seaport area, but the service is consistent and atmosphere is fun.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“We liked- it was delicioso...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We went for lunch and it exceeded my expectations. I've been to the one in NY many times and was kind of expecting the samey-same. This felt more freshened up and new. And the tableside guac, started at the original, is also here, and so good. Mas por favor! We had a hard time ordering because there were so many good things to try- I really love mexican food and have not found good mexican in boston...until now. I had the ceviche and then the tuna mango salad. Ceviche was a pass unfortunately. The fish was minced too small for my liking. But the tuna mango salad was unique and I would definitely get that again. Hubby had the steak tostada and kids went for the classic kid fave cheese quesadilla. The service was great. We will go back for dinner (sans ninos!)

Visited January 2013
Laguna Woods, CA
“Duck confit taco --- incredibly good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

What an unusual combination -- a duck confit taco -- it was a MUST have if you are going to this restaurant. Others in our party had the steak tacos, the steak quesadilla, lamb taco was way too spicy, -- so try the duck. We started with a double order of the guacamole made tableside. We went for a late lunch where there were few people in the restaurant and the service was slow. One dish, a child's quesadilla, was brought out approximately 10 minutes before the other meals -- no explanation why. Nice location, near the water. Would definitely return and order the duck taco again. The total bill for 4 adults and 2 children without drinks, tip, tax was $100.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newton, Massachusetts
“A very fun night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was a great night out with my family. The waiters and waitresses were all very nice and attentive, and the decor was very fun, but the highlight of the outing was the guacamole! A chef comes up to your table with a cart of ingredient and makes it right in front of you!! it is served with crispy, thin, light chips and warm tortillas

Visited October 2012