“Outstanding customer service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Boston Hotel

You added Loews Boston Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Boston Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   154 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA 02116 (Formerly Loews Boston Back Bay Hotel) (Back Bay)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Diego, California
“Outstanding customer service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights for this year's Boston Marathon. We were warmly welcomed by Stephanie at the front desk for check-in. Later, we asked Stephanie for directions to a local restaurant. Not only did she give us directions, but she immediately went on-line and made us a reservation, so we wouldn't have to wait for dinner when we arrived at the restaurant. That's what I call fantastic customer service! We stayed in the Grand King and the room was both lovely and very clean. Concierges Heather and Klejvis were both exceptional. Both of them helped us with sightseeing and dinner recommendations, as well as just generally being available to answer any questions about Boston and navigating the area throughout our stay. Honestly, both Concierges made us feel like we were the only guests at the hotel. They even set up a "sign-making" table so that guests could make their own signs to hold up along the Marathon route to support their favorite runner! It was awesome! The hotel restaurant - The Precinct, is also great. The food and drinks are top-notch. Special shout-out to Greg at The Precinct for making us feel right at home! The thing I loved most about this hotel was the personalized service. I felt like a valued customer. This hotel earned my future business.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Polish first
North Andover, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I recently stayed at the Loews Boston Hotel during a 3 day a conference. Upon arrival the staff were very accommodating, greeting you with smiling faces and attentive service. The hotel was very clean and quite. We also ate at the restaurant onsite, which had many great offerings. I'm glad I chose the Loews as it provided comfort during a hectic 3 days. I am local to Massachusetts and would highly recommend the Loews to anyone coming to the area. It is a hidden gem!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less traffic noise.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I've lost track, but I think this is the 9th or 10th consecutive year I have stayed at the Loews Boston Hotel for Marathon Weekend, my favorite trip of every single year since 2002. The *incredible* staff, convenient location (to the marathon finish, expo and shopping) and fine accommodations make this hotel the only place I want to stay when I'm in Boston. It's not too big, not too small, the rooms are newly updated and extremely clean. There's never a wait for the (2) elevators. Even the shampoo/conditioner brand they stock is my absolute favorite. The Precinct Bar has a great menu and excellent service. The sitting area off the main lobby has a wonderful coffee/expresso machine, plenty of newspapers (Boston Globe, WSJ, USA Today), all complimentary and available 24/7.

The biggest reason I return to Loews Boston annually is because I see the same friendly faces each year: Heather at the concierge desk, Sandy at the front desk/check in, bellman Deepak and doormen Sean and Tom -- these folks make Loews Boston an **excellent** hotel. They exceed expectations, have passion for their work and it shows. It's always what can I do for you today, how can I help, are you enjoying your stay. All said and done with a smile and most of the time with a wicked good Boston accent!

Can't wait to return for Boston 2016.

Room Tip: I will request room 748 every year! Two beds, huge bathroom, the tub is separate from shower.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Loews and its team (especially Theresa Zakhari -sp?) are just outstanding! I stayed here 4 nights during the Boston Marathon and was floored by their hospitality and the overall quality of the hotel. Thank you!!

Solihull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The hotel is in the converted old police head quarters so has it's own unique look. The staff were very friendly and helpful, rooms were of a high standard and a decent size for a city centre hotel. The bar in the basement is very relaxing with a variety of beers, wines & cocktails available. The location is supurb and within easy walking distance of all the major tourist attractions and shopping areas. All in all a great hotel and ideal for a short stay in Boston.

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed 4 night in the hotel during the Boston Marathon weekend. Our overall experience was excellent. As a participant in the Marathon the hotel is ideally located opposite the exit of the runners finishing area. The post race party was great and it was very nice to receive a personal memory gift.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My original reservation was at a Starwood property and I canceled it because I thought the Lowes Boston location was nicer and I was able to reserve a king room through my company. Once I arrived, while greeted by a very friendly, sincere and upbeat front desk attendee, I was offered a queen room. The front desk worker made the necessary adjustment, but first impressions count. After a few hours in my room, I noticed what I thought to be the smell of cigarette smoke coming through the vent and I called the front desk to understand if I was on a smoking floor. I was told no and that a maintenance person would come to my room and investigate. The maintenance person knocked on my door, I answered and greeted him -" Hi, how are you?" He did not say a word to me, nor did not make eye contact. He walked in the room - straight to the window. He went to the thermometer and asked if I touched it - I said no. He asked me if I opened the window and I told him no. He then proceeded to tell me that he had a keen sense of smell and it wasn't smoke, but it was something. He asked me what I wanted to do about it - and suggested that he'd have someone come and spay. Needless to say, no one came to spray. No one followed up. I thought about checking out and going back to my original, familiar hotel brand, but having travelled, I was exhausted and didn't want the hassle and suffered through it.

The irony is that I hit the star button to call the front desk and fully expected to get star service. Sadly, I was underwhelmed by the overall experience and consequently, I will not be back.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Loews Hotels and Resorts

Been to Loews Boston Hotel? Share your experiences!