“Most Awesome Experience. ..” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Boston Hotel

You added Loews Boston Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Boston Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   154 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA 02116 (Formerly Loews Boston Back Bay Hotel) (Back Bay)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Free Wifi
Ranked #15 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Most Awesome Experience. ..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Well...the front desk found out I was there for a job interview and they surprised me with an unexpected wine & Cheese offering in the room and a note of congratulations on the offer....I left my phone in my car at valet and as I peeked out my window wondering how I would get my phone as my car was moving away...a sudden knock on my door with the concierge bring my phone to my room...Holy Crap...what a level of service not seen by me...a frequent Ritz Carlton visitor...in a long gig time! Thank You Loews of Boston...my wife and I are in awe of your customer service! !!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Excellent hotel in a fantastic area. The entire hotel was beautiful, clean and very comfortable. Staff were very friendly and attentive. Cannot say enough great things about this hotel and look forward to a future return visit.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Poundbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This small hotel is found in a corner of Boston, ideal situated for walking round this amazing city.
Which ever way you turn it is not a long walk to see any of the sites or shopping.
The hotel was clean and staff very friendly espicially the door staff.
Only downside the coffee machine in the main sitting area was not working due to over use, because of the bad weather.
The staff were very chatty and helpful and full of tips to get round the city.
Would not pay full price for the room, but we got a great deal.
we had a great time

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Stayed here for two nights on business trip in November. First experience staying at a Loews hotel and was very pleased. The room was snug but likely decent sized by Boston standards. It was clean, well appointed, pleasing and offered good working space. Two nice touches in the bathroom were a heated towel rack and a nightlight under the vanity that came on when you walked into the room. Slept well, bed was comfortable, sheet quality good and room was quiet. I really liked the historic building and they used the spaces well.
I ate at the Precinct Kitchen + Bar for breakfast both mornings as I did not have time to find other options. The food was good and the wait staff attentive. Had room service one night that likely came from the Precinct Kitchen and it was very good as well, and came in a timely manner.
Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here during the 'blizzard' last week. Staff could not have been more helpful and rooms are spacious and full of home comforts. We really appreciated the free hot drinks in the lobby after walking around in the cold. We were very impressed with the service we received in the precinct restaurant. Even though they were short staffed because of the weather, they coped very well and served us a delicious brunch. Well done Loews. I would recommend you to anyone staying in Boston.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I would definitely stay here again and would recommend the hotel. The room was spotless with a spacious bathroom. The location is great and the staff were great. The bar was perfect. For a short business stay in Boston, it ticked all of the boxes for me.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Farmington, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Loews Boston Hotel is very nice and staff is very attentive. We did notice that the doormen were more attentive during the day than the night crew, but we were there in freezing cold weather and snow so maybe they were just as miserable as the rest of us outside!
Our room was upgraded from a king to a bigger king. It was pretty spacious for a city hotel with plenty of room. Also-there were TONS of charging options for our many devices! The bed was super comfortable and the bathroom was huge with a tub and shower stall.
I left my cheap reading glasses in the coffee area off the lobby and was happy to have them at the front desk when I returned several hours later. They aren't worth much, but the bellman who retrieved them was very gracious. I was very happy as I didn't have another pair with me.
When we were waiting for our car to be pulled up front one of the doormen suggested that we get a free coffee in the lounge area off the lobby. I wondered to my husband if they might have water as I don't drink coffee. They didn't have any water, but the doorman soon appeared with a bottle of water for me. It's the little things!
The location of the hotels was convenient to shopping and the theater district. Sadly, it was so cold that we didn't get much chance to explore. This is certainly no fault of the hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor and it was very quiet.