“wow what a find” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Boston Hotel

You added Loews Boston Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Boston Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   154 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA 02116 (Formerly Loews Boston Back Bay Hotel) (Back Bay)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
Poundbury, United Kingdom
“wow what a find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This small hotel is found in a corner of Boston, ideal situated for walking round this amazing city.
Which ever way you turn it is not a long walk to see any of the sites or shopping.
The hotel was clean and staff very friendly espicially the door staff.
Only downside the coffee machine in the main sitting area was not working due to over use, because of the bad weather.
The staff were very chatty and helpful and full of tips to get round the city.
Would not pay full price for the room, but we got a great deal.
we had a great time

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Polish first
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed here for two nights on business trip in November. First experience staying at a Loews hotel and was very pleased. The room was snug but likely decent sized by Boston standards. It was clean, well appointed, pleasing and offered good working space. Two nice touches in the bathroom were a heated towel rack and a nightlight under the vanity that came on when you walked into the room. Slept well, bed was comfortable, sheet quality good and room was quiet. I really liked the historic building and they used the spaces well.
I ate at the Precinct Kitchen + Bar for breakfast both mornings as I did not have time to find other options. The food was good and the wait staff attentive. Had room service one night that likely came from the Precinct Kitchen and it was very good as well, and came in a timely manner.
Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed here during the 'blizzard' last week. Staff could not have been more helpful and rooms are spacious and full of home comforts. We really appreciated the free hot drinks in the lobby after walking around in the cold. We were very impressed with the service we received in the precinct restaurant. Even though they were short staffed because of the weather, they coped very well and served us a delicious brunch. Well done Loews. I would recommend you to anyone staying in Boston.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I would definitely stay here again and would recommend the hotel. The room was spotless with a spacious bathroom. The location is great and the staff were great. The bar was perfect. For a short business stay in Boston, it ticked all of the boxes for me.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Farmington, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The Loews Boston Hotel is very nice and staff is very attentive. We did notice that the doormen were more attentive during the day than the night crew, but we were there in freezing cold weather and snow so maybe they were just as miserable as the rest of us outside!
Our room was upgraded from a king to a bigger king. It was pretty spacious for a city hotel with plenty of room. Also-there were TONS of charging options for our many devices! The bed was super comfortable and the bathroom was huge with a tub and shower stall.
I left my cheap reading glasses in the coffee area off the lobby and was happy to have them at the front desk when I returned several hours later. They aren't worth much, but the bellman who retrieved them was very gracious. I was very happy as I didn't have another pair with me.
When we were waiting for our car to be pulled up front one of the doormen suggested that we get a free coffee in the lounge area off the lobby. I wondered to my husband if they might have water as I don't drink coffee. They didn't have any water, but the doorman soon appeared with a bottle of water for me. It's the little things!
The location of the hotels was convenient to shopping and the theater district. Sadly, it was so cold that we didn't get much chance to explore. This is certainly no fault of the hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Lakeville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I used Hotwire to book a room in Boston's Back Bay area. It was for a four star 100% preferred rating. I found out that it was Loews after booking it. I am very pleased with the hotel. I only stayed overnight, but found the room to be clean, modern with HD TV and free WiFi, and decent thermostat control. The bed was very comfortable. We did not eat at the restaurant there. Staff were friendly and helpful. valet parking was easy but pricey as all Boston Hotels are. We did eat at Grill 23 across the street (high end steak house). overall pleased with the hotel.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Having just read the 'poor' reviews on this hotel, I find it amazing at the things some people complain about! From the helpful doormen to the receptionist's, the bellboys, the concierge, restaurant staff and house keeping, (forgive me if I've missed out anyone) you have all been, above and beyond, very accommodating. There are 4 in my party (2 adults and 2 children). Our room has 2 double beds with plenty of room to walk around the beds and the bathroom is spacious. We only ate in the restaurant the once but the food was of a high quality (my 2 sons are not easily pleased but they thoroughly enjoyed). We drove from Killington after a week's skiing, to enjoy a 3 night city break before flying back to the UK, so we returned our hire car on the first day as we didn't think it necessary to keep the car any longer than required. To the people who complained about not knowing about the cost of valet parking, we WERE aware of the costs as it mentions this on their website! It strikes me that parking is at a premium wherever you stay in Boston!
To sum up, if my family is lucky enough to return to Boston, I would not hesitate in returning to this wonderful hotel. Whilst I'd like to thank all the staff for a memorable stay, our personal thanks go to Carly, a catering manager at the hotel, who, after chatting with her in the foyer on our arrival, left us a very thoughtful welcome gift in our room which we found on our return from checking out the sights. This was very much appreciated and it certainly added that special touch to our stay.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
JMaibach, General Manager at Loews Boston Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
WOW! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience! I am thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and, yes, we are very lucky to have Carly has part of our Management team. She is a true asset to our organization! I have taken the liberty to share you review with not only Carly but our entire team.

There is nothing more satisfying than to hear we have earned your loyalty, and for that we are most appreciative. We do hope to see you again and thank you for selecting our hotel as your ‘Boston home’.

Been to Loews Boston Hotel? Share your experiences!