“Could have been better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Boston Hotel

You added Loews Boston Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Boston Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   154 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA 02116 (Formerly Loews Boston Back Bay Hotel) (Back Bay)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Beverages!
Ranked #14 of 77 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Could have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was my first time staying at a Loews Hotel and not a very positive one. I have profound reservations about staying at another Loews Hotel in the future. The Loews Hotel in Boston is nice, clean, looks like a 5 star hotel, but in my opinion it is not.

The two major issues I had with them:

Noise coming from a club and alley next to the side of the hotel where my room was situated, facing Columbus Avenue. Heard a constant bass thumping sound coming from what sounded like a club or disco. This noise went on from 11pm to about 2am for the 2 nights I stayed there, Friday and Saturday. Afterwards, heard yelling and screaming from drunk patrons in the alley next to my room. Called management to inform them and was told there were no other rooms to move to in the Hotel. Was offered earplugs from night manager, which was disappointing. When I got back home, I contacted the Day Manager, Leslie, and informed her of the issue and she took my email address and promised to send me an email guaranteeing a better room experience when I return to Boston for a future conference. I never received an email from Leslie.

That brings me to the 2nd issue I had with Loews:

Poor Customer Service. It started with the person who checked me in, and who did not want to acknowledge my business travel as tax exempt. In the past, other Hotels in Boston have honored by business travel as tax exempt. The Night manager was not particularly friendly and Leslie (the Manager) never did follow up with me regarding her email to me. I don’t plan to stay at another Loews Hotel in the future for Business trips if I can avoid it.

Overall rating: 3 stars for cleanliness. Customer Service was disappointing.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Polish first
Sebring, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

From the curbside attendant and bellman to front desk and concierge this hotel is amazing. Everyone goes out of their way to help us out during our stay. We were able to score fantastic dinner reservations at the front desk. The rooms are very well appointed. The location is perfect! I travel with my two teenagers who love wondering around Boston. Thanks for another great experience at Lowes Hotels.

Room Tip: Try the Berkeley Perk Cafe for fantastic breakfast!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed in this hotel for 4 nights, staff were so helpful and location was perfect, less then 10 minutes walk to Newbury street and 15-20 minutes to Downtown. We ate in the bar two nights and food was really good. Will definitely return next time in Boston

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed here for 4 nights. From receiving an early check in the service was great. All members of staff greeted us with a smile and a "good morning" or a "good evening".
Both of the concierge were helpful in things to do and they even helped us book tickets for the celtics and the patriots.
The location was ideal: 2 blocks from the main shopping street, the train station and the closest subway.
The "precinct" down stairs serve good food and drinks. the staff are all friendly and the service is great.
The lounge was cosy with the big screens with the news and a coffee machine where u can have coffees or a variety of teas.
We were grateful for a complimentary late check out before our departure.

My only negative view was the area around the bed was slightly small and there was no fridge facility.
Otherwise we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed December 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed here for a few days while celebrating out anniversary. Very clean hotel. Staff was great and very helpful. The restaurant and bar down stairs was great for breakfast. The room was very small but who spends that much time in their room anyway while on vacation :) very thin walls. You can hear everything that goes on in the hall ways & outside and we were on the 7th floor. Then again we are not used to big city life being from Florida so that may be normal. I would stay at the Loews again. Also pretty neat knowing that it used to be the old Police headquarters.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Loew's this past weekend. It was clean, attractive and efficient. What sets this hotel apart is the hospitality. The entire staff is welcoming and helpful. In particular, Heather, the concierge is a gracious ambassador for the hotel. She is loaded with information and happy to help with any request. My son and I felt like we had the inside scoop on the entire city. Years from now we will look back and smile when we recall our experience with Heather and the stay at the Loew's hotel in Boston.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Everything was perfect and the staff was very friendly and helpful. They made it easy to book the reservation, valet was ready and very helpful. The room was amazing and immaculate. The beds were very comfortable and there were little details about the room that made it feel luxurious. From the robes and the heated towel rack, the Keurig machine in the room and the huge shower it was the little details that made it. We had a late lunch and drinks at the restaurant downstairs and the food was amazing and the bartenders and waitresses were very friendly. Will definitely be staying here my next trip to Boston.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Loews Hotels and Resorts

Been to Loews Boston Hotel? Share your experiences!