“Well situated” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Boston Hotel

Save Saved
You added Loews Boston Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Boston Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   154 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA 02116 (Formerly Loews Boston Back Bay Hotel) (Back Bay)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Beverages!
Ranked #16 of 77 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Well situated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

A very nice hotel with all of the facilities needed. Well situated to get around all of the tourist sites without the need to use public transport. Friendly ,helpful staff, good size room with all amenities. Would use again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

JMaibach, General Manager at Loews Boston Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Hello Edicot! Thank you for your review of your experience, and for completing our Guest Satisfaction survey. We hope you enjoyed your visit to the States and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed this past weekend and had a wonderful stay at the Loews Boston Hotel! It is in a great area, right in the heart of the Back Bay area in Boston. I was greeted at check in by a woman who was extremely pleasant. After chatting with her a bit, she realized it was a special friends weekend that I was celebrating - reuniting with some college friends, and sent a bottle of champagne to the room. At the time, I thought nothing of our casual conversation at check in, but was so surprised to come back to my room later that night to see a handwritten note and special amenity. It was a very nice touch. Their restaurant, Preceinct is fabulous!!!! Their margarita was one of the best margaritas I've ever had and their charcuterie plate is to die for. I believe the hotel was recently renovated and they did a great job. The rooms are delightful and beds are quite comfortable. I would absoltuely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Greetings Meredith S and thank you very much for the great review of your stay with us! We spend a lot of time with our Team members focusing on the guest experience and challenging them to find ways to create a ‘WOW’ experience for all of our guests and it sounds like the team met the challenge! And, yes, we are very proud of the recently renovated Precinct Kitchen + Bar. Hopefully you were able to enjoy both the Margarita and Charcuterie board on our patio…one of the best locations to dine (or drink) in Boston!

Thank you again for your post and we hope to see you again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Nice hotel located in a very central positions and many attractions were reachable just in few steps. on the other hand actually it does not worth all that money. Actually overpriced.
The Gym was ridiculous small.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Marianna C and as disappointing as it is to read, we appreciate the time you took to post a review. Please accept our sincere apologies for your experience and the perceived poor value. If I may be of assistance or if you would like to share why you departed us with that feeling, please email me at john.maibach@loewshotels.com as we would welcome the opportunity to understand how we can improve.
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I stayed at the Boston Loews over the winter as they were beginning their renovation. I just went back and it was great. I love the motion activated night light in the bath room and the heated towel racks. I think they also upgraded their soaps shampoo etc.
Service is great too. As I was getting ready for bed I realized that I'd forgotten my shaving kit. I called the front desk and within minutes the woman that checked me in was handing me a tooth brush, tooth paste, shaving cream and a razor!
My only complaint is the fitness center. It's like a time warp compared to the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Hello Mainematt! Thank you for sharing your experience and for the kind words! We are very pleased with how our renovation turned out and we are pleased to read you agree. I also appreciate your comments on our Fitness Room and we are looking for ways to upgrade the equipment and improve the experience with the space limitations we have. However, we have a relationship with Equinox, a full service facility two blocks from the hotel. Please contact me on your next visit at john.maibach@loewshotels.com and I will be sure to get you set up at that facility should you desire.

Thanks again for the post and we hope to see you again soon.
Angus Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stayed for 7 nights as part of my husband's 60th birthday trip and staff made us feel so welcome and special. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Hotel wasn't too big, room was great with big bathroom. Ate breakfast twice and 2 evening meals in precinct restaurant, food and service excellent. Loved the complementary coffee machine in the lounge area, great grabbing a cappuccino on our way in or out. Brilliant location near metro stations, walking distance into centre with loads of shops, bars and restaurants around hotel. Used the logan express bus to back bay, 20 minutes from airport and walked less than 10 minutes to hotel, great value for 5 dollars each.Thanks to everyone for a memorable stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you Lesley062 for your post and for selecting us as your Boston home during your 7 day visit to the States. We are very pleased to read you enjoyed your visit with us including your 4 meals in Precinct Kitchen + Bar! We believe our hotel and especially our restaurant is a little gem and we are pleased to read that you agree! And, yes, the location is ideal for touring Boston.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The Loew's in Boston is a brilliant hotel to stay in. My wife and I had 2 separate stays here on a recent holiday to US. Our first was for 4 nights and then again about 10 days later for another 2 nights.

On both occasions we had lovely rooms - everything was spotlessly clean and tidy. We had read on here about asking for the newer rooms which have recently been redecorated. We did this and both times got rooms on 8th and 9th floors which were recently redecorated. Rooms and bathrooms were both big, much more so than what you usually get in large cities.

The staff in the Loew's couldn't do enough for us. I can't remember the names so I won't specify any in particular but all of them were friendly, helpful and very polite. Front desk, bellboys, restaurant/bar staff, concierge and maids were all superb. We needed some things printed out - that was no problem for the girls on the front desk, we needed details of a local hospital - that was no problem for the concierge, my pregnant wife wanted a non alcoholic cocktail - that was no problem for the bar lady. Our flight back to the UK was late at night so we enquired about a late check out - again this was no problem and we were happy to pay the rate we got quoted to allow us to get showered and change clothes before the flight.

The Loew's location was perfect for us - a couple of blocks from Copely Plaza, Boyleston Street, Newbury Street, not far to Boston Common and there is a T Station just around the corner.

We only had breakfast once in the hotel but it was lovely. Also worth a mention is Flour Bakery just around the corner - great breakfasts/pastries/sandwiches and coffee there.

Some of the positives.......
- rooms are beautiful, clean, modern and quiet (we were on an upper floor so can't comment on noise closer to street level)
- staff are very helpful and friendly
- the little selection of amenities beside reception is a nice touch (shaving kits/pain relief/snacks/shampoo/body wash etc)
- great little coffee machine in the rooms and free tea and coffee available in reception 24 hours a day
- very good location for Copely Plaza and Back Bay. Less than 10 mins in taxi to Fanuel Hall

We will definitely be returning to Boston sometime in the future and when we do we will hopefully stay in the Loew's again. I will definitely recommend this to any friends visiting the city

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors are beautiful. Cannot comment on the lower floors
Dear Peter_McNulty,
We are very appreciative of the very generous review! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I have posted a copy of your comments on our Guest Feedback bulletin board for all of our Team Members to read and understand how they can make a significant impact on a guests stay. Your review is as good as it gets for us and as the General Manger, makes me very proud of my fellow Team Members.

We hope you enjoyed your visit to the states and ope to have you back with us again soon.
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Great hoptel within walking distance to all the amazing sites Boston has to offer. The hotel was great. Clean, comfortable and friendly staff. They even provided bibbly and cake as a suprise for my friend's birthday. What an amzing touch. We will be back.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

JMaibach, General Manager at Loews Boston Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you very much Rebecca B for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey as well as sharing your experience here! While disappointed we didn’t receive 5 stars, we are thrilled to have earned your loyalty. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Been to Loews Boston Hotel? Share your experiences!