“Feels like home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Boston Hotel

Save Saved
You added Loews Boston Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Boston Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   154 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA 02116 (Formerly Loews Boston Back Bay Hotel) (Back Bay)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$25 Food
Ranked #16 of 77 hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Feels like home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

What a lovely place. Forgiving the problem at check in this is a nice place to stay. Room very nice, good size and very clean. Bed really comfortable and bathroom well appointed. Cuffs Bar within the hotel is a good place to eat , good outside area ,nice menu and 2 friendly, helpful waitresses. The Stanhope Grill is a nice place for breakfast but a bit pricey but handy if you have an early start. The 2 concierge are marvellous - just ask them anything and they'll know the answer. Would definitely recommend this hotel and will return without doubt.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

429 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Polish first
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I was so thrilled to see that Loews made it to Boston, way overdue in my opinion. I have stayed with a few other Loews hotels before and am always impressed.

Like Mary Poppins, this hotel is "practically perfect in every way"... from the greeting upon arrival (from what must be the most friendly doorman in the city of Boston) to the warm welcome at check-in, it’s clear that this hotel knows how to provide service to its guests. The location of this hotel can't be beat - its steps away from the park and other sites in Boston while at the same time being off the busy tourist path. To top it all off, the building itself is the old Boston police station, how cool is that?!?

From what I understand, the hotel is going to be renovated this winter and let me just say, I can't wait to do it all over again in what I am sure will be high(er) style!

The only thing that's missing is a big fancy spa... but I'll just have to take a trip to their hotel in Miami for that I guess.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights and very much enjoyed the facility and it's location. Place was very clean and staff was outstanding! Nice bar area with outdoor patio provided a nice place to unwind. The facility exceeded my expectations, which were based on the website. I will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Loews is the third hotel I’ve stayed at in Boston in the past year.

Their rooms were stately, and their lobby was welcoming, especially the statue by the Berkley Street entrance. While I heard the hotel is planning on undergoing renovations soon, I think the rooms are up to date. My room, 249, was very clean and spacious, and I appreciated the free basic wi-fi. However, service is almost as important as the rooms, which was generally good at the hotel.

An associate, who is studying hospitality at Bunker Hill, graciously and diligently worked to accommodate my specific room request.

The concierge was also very helpful. I asked her for a toothbrush and toothpaste. She kindly brought me those items as well as some bonus mouthwash. Then she asked if I knew what I was going to do in Boston that day. I hadn’t thought about my plans quite yet, so she kindly offered to help plan my day when I was ready.

Both bellhops were very kind, especially a gentleman whose nametag said he lived in Brookline. He remembered my name and spent a long time talking with me and my dad. The other bellhop, who brought our luggage up to the room, told us the layout of the hotel when he learned we had never stayed at the hotel before.

The valet also happily took a family photo in front of the hotel.

Many thanks to all the good people who work at your hotel…

I can only recommend a few small areas of improvements.

I forgot my iPhone 5 charger. The associate at the desk tried to locate an iPhone 5 charger, but he could only find an iPhone 4 charger. Perhaps the hotel could purchase a few inexpensive chargers for the most popular phones to help out guests in a jam. I ended up walking down Boylston to the Apple store to buy a charger. But had the front desk been able to charge my phone, my great stay would have been even better.

While the people watching opportunities were good, the basement fitness center facing Stuart Street was frankly a small afterthought. Management should consider expanding the fitness center’s footprint during the upcoming renovations. Also, the hotel’s fitness center lacks fruit and ear buds, which I’ve found in other four-star hotels.

I would return if I were to find a good rate like I did for this visit. I ordered the stop, drop and roll package, which included valet parking and two cocktails for a marginally higher rate. I didn’t have a chance to take advantage of those beverages – maybe next time!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My daughter and I had a lovely stay at Loews this past weekend. It is perfectly situated for shopping and touring about Boston. The hotel is well appointed. As has been mentioned in previous reviews, the rooms are quiet. We didn't hear a peep all night long. Our double room was just right for the two of us with a nice big bathroom. Towels are awesome and under the sink light is a nice touch. We had a lovely breakfast downstairs - the local yogurt with raw honey and homemade granola was yummy. The staff was consistently courteous and friendly. We will come back for sure!

Room Tip: High floor at the end of the hall - extremely quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Go to Boston on business quite a bit but have not stayed here before and had four nights there. It recently changed owners and was called the Back Bay hotel so knew it was well located and found it to be well appointed. I had a luxury double that was very comfortable, only used the restaurant once but overall service was excellent as it usually is in Boston hotels.
Actually ended up here as I could not get into the Lenox, good move and will most likely return.
Wifi very good.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Boston, which is a beautiful city. The Loews is also really well located close to Newbury Street; the room was clean and well furnished but the beds were small. Also the air-conditioning unit was very noisy, we ended up turning it off at night. We didn't eat at the hotel, there were plenty of better value options in the surrounding area.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on a higher floor as you can, we were on the second and there was street noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Loews Boston Hotel? Share your experiences!