“Another great Loews Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Boston Hotel

You added Loews Boston Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Boston Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   154 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA 02116 (Formerly Loews Boston Back Bay Hotel) (Back Bay)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 20% Off
Ranked #18 of 82 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Another great Loews Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Loews Boston on business, at the low season and got a great rate. As usual, they did a great job - spectacularly clean and well maintained, as well as great design. If it's in your price range, I would highly recommend this hotel - great staff, location, and rooms!

• Stayed January 2016, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed here for two nights to celebrate my mother's 80th birthday. The hotel is charming yet very modern and is in an excellent location close to shopping on Newbury Street, the restaurants of the South End and the T. The rooms were lovely with some nice features: spacious bathrooms, bathrobes and a great TV. The standout at this hotel is the service. They sent a bottle of Prosecco, a nice torte and a birthday card signed by several of the staff for my mother. Very thoughtful. Most impressive was Justin the valet - he went out of his way to try to help me find my phone charger which I thought I left in my car. He lent me his personal charger for a quick charge and then tracked down an extra charger from lost and found and sent it to our room while we were out. Fantastic effort. Excellent hotel, excellent location and excellent service makes this easy to highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
1 Thank K13
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I've stayed at a number of hotels in Boston. Thought I'd try Loews , and was more than pleasantly surprised. Excellent front desk staff and concierge . Extraordinarily Friendly and very helpful.
Rooms are nice, good size bathrooms and king size room. But.. The winning solution was their restaurant. Excellent, superb and unique , fresh food choices. Dinner with two other big foodies who would also rate their Precinct restaurant very high!
We went out for lunch and wish we simply stayed at the hotel restaurant.

Stayed January 2016, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I was attending a conference at The Westin and wanted a smaller hotel nearby. Loews fit the bill. Room was on the small side however tastefully furnished, wonderful for a solo travelled but perhaps a bit tight if I were with my husband. Bed was among the most comfortable I have slept in ( when I'm replacing my mattress at home I will think about this one. The bathroom had a separate tub and shower ( not in all room types) and plenty of space. Lots of lighting both task and indirect. There's a room off the lobby with comfortable seating where I waited post check out before heading to the train. The staff are very helpful. Definitely a place to return to. Only issue was the safe, on a high shelf in the closet, difficult for shorter travelers to reach!

Stayed January 2016, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay here. Hotel is beautiful and close to many great amenities. The rooms were on the smaller side but very comfortable and well kept. I particularly loved the heated towel rack! There is a great bar called Precinct in the lower level of the hotel. The hotel was a former police department and the bar is themed accordingly. I was at this hotel for a business meeting and the catering was excellent. This was some of the best food I have ever had at a business meeting. Would definitely stay at this hotel again!

Stayed January 2016, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I regularly stay at Loews, it is in a great location, very close to shops and restaurants etc. The one thing I occasionally complain (hasn't changed in all this time) is that they would leave you a tiny bottle of complementary water and you have to pay $7 for a top up. The bottle is also the same price if you buy it at the bar. Also, they would never renew your complementary bottle,so over a stay of a full week, they only give you 330ml of complementary water. Inadequate.

Also, the rooms facing the back are rather dark, if you intend to spend time in the hotel, try and get a room facing the street.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled on business
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank leolion13
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I brought my husband to Boston for a birthday getaway weekend (from Houston) and wanted to stay in an interesting and fun hotel. I quickly found Loews because of it's history as the former Boston Police Department. I liked the "feel" of the hotel and the ambiance that the restaurant pictures displayed. Prior to our arrival, I had conversations with Ellen the concierge as how to make some items special for my husband's birthday. When we arrived, I could not have been happier. The hotel itself is modern, but decorated with hints of its history. The hotel staff was polite and happy. The concierge, Heather, was AMAZING. LOVED her. She was always attentive and provided some very nice surprises in honor of my husband's birthday. They definitely went out of their way to make the experience special.
As far as the hotel, it is located very close to the Arlington subway stop and also Boston Commons (which is pretty much close to everything you would want to see as a first timer in Boston). The hotel restaurant, which we had a dinner and breakfasts at, was great. Highly recommend the clam bake and clam chowder for dinner and crab benedict for breakfast. The restaurant and bar area also pay homage to the police station history in the décor, colors, lighting fixtures, and photos hanging on the wall. One of the best features of Loews is that they had a coffee (all kinds: Americano, Espresso, etc) and hot chocolate machine in the lobby, open at all hours. When you are out touring in the snow and come inside, that hot chocolate is waiting for you!!
The hotel is downtown, so you will hear urban noises, like police cars, at night, but this was the only negative and it was not a huge deal. The professionalism of the staff from the concierge to the maintenance man as well as the historical experience in a modern setting puts this hotel on the list of places we will certainly stay at again.

Room Tip: Higher floors are probably better in case of urban noise, like police cars, at night.