“Excellent accomodations and location in Boston” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Boston Hotel

Save Saved
You added Loews Boston Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Boston Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   154 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA 02116 (Formerly Loews Boston Back Bay Hotel) (Back Bay)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Eat, Drink. Our Treat!
Ranked #16 of 77 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
WINCHESTER
“Excellent accomodations and location in Boston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We just returned from our five day trip to Boston from Virginia. The Loews Boston Back Bay Hotel was a perfect place to stay. We booked two rooms for our family and the desk clerk was kind enough to put us in corner rooms across from each other with a common door to the hallway. The rooms were spotless and spacious; the keurig coffee make was a plus; and the location was perfect to walk or take the T anywhere in the city.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room - if you need two rooms for a family, request rooms 409 and 410.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Polish first
hartford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I chose Loews based on the great reviews and close proximity the Marriott where the conference I was attending was. The hotel is in a convenient location. The deluxe king was a good size. Clean, but a little dated. Room felt a little damp (but is WAS very humid out this week). Room service/food was VERY good. My only complaint would be the noise level. I asked for a quiet room...it was tucked in a corner away from the street. There was a very loud family with kids next door and I could hear every word coming through the vent near the closet. There is no insulation from the noise in hallway either. I slept with ear plugs, so it was ok. I have kids...I know how hard it is too keep everyone quiet. Hotels can be exciting for them. :) Not sure I would stay again only because I would prefer to stay attached to where I am conferencing. Staff was very friendly.

Nr Guildford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Ideal location for exploring Boston on foot. Large room with king bed and big bathroom with shower. Spotlessly clean and lovely welcome from the desk staff ! Close to many shops and restaurants around Copley Square as well as the trolley tour at the Prudential Centre. Within walking distance of Fenway Park to catch a Red Sox game ! Nice bar to enjoy a drink, food or a sports game in the evening.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Irvine, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I made the reservation three weeks before the trip.
However, the hotel was overbooked.

When I stayed at LOEWS Boston Back Bay Hotel between June 19th and 21st, 2013, the front desk person told me that the hotel is overbooked and I need to go to different property (Millennium Bostonian Hotel - at the time of reservation LOEWS was $100 more expensive than Millennium ) for the first night stay.
When I was checking out on 21st, Seth Thomas (Front Office Manager) told me personally that I am going to get the complementary 1-night staying voucher right away on my email.
However, it has been more 5 days, I have not got anything from the hotel.

Overbooking is not acceptable for this type of HOTEL.
This was the worst experience.

Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Liked this hotel's atmosphere. Room was spacious, quiet, and clean. Heater and AC worked quickly. We had a large bathroom with both shower and separate tub, and one noticeably different but cool thing was that there was a motion light in the bathroom so that I could see in the middle of the night without running into anything. Also a towel warmer built into the rack!

No complimentary breakfast, but there is a card you can fill out that attaches to the front of the door to order room service breakfast for the following morning - we felt like it was too expensive for what it was and so opted to look for other places on our own (thanks Yelp!). We tried Mike & Patty's instead and enjoyed it for a lot less.

Docking a star because of some confusion at the front desk - although they were well intended, there was just no follow through. Upon arriving the front desk made small talk about why we were in town - I informed her it was the tail end of an Army reunion for my husband, marking 10 years since his deployment during the invasion and elections in Iraq. She was very polite, thanked him for his service, then pulled me aside out of earshot to ask if it would be ok to send something up to his room to thank him for his service. I was totally impressed, told her yes that would be ok, and she asked what he liked, so I told her he likes beer. She said she'd have it sent up and would call us when our room was ready (given that we arrived at 0900 and check in was much later). Never showed up during our stay, even when I asked the front desk about it (which made me feel like a jerk...don't want them to think we expect anything over the top just because he's a vet, but they did say they'd do it and then never did). Everything else was very enjoyable and totally pleasant.

Overall my husband and I liked this hotel a lot for our 4 night stay in Boston, from the location and friendly front desk staff, to the turn down service and housekeeping staff, to the big room and bathroom. Wished we had tried the bar or restaurant, but we will have to at our next visit!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is at the quieter end of Stuart St but we were unlucky to encounter road works below our room during our stay. Sound proofing quality is not adequate - even ear plugs couldn't mute the loud drilling and digging noises which start from 8 am..
The room itself is very comfy and spacious. The complimentary coffee making facility in the room is a nice touch. And we really appreciated the warm towels from the heated rack in the mornings.
Only room setback (other than sound proofing) are the flimsy pillows and the slippery duvet covers which just kept falling off the bed when we turned in our sleep.
Overall the front desk staff and doormen are very friendly and always happy to greet guests.

• Stayed June 2013
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed just one night recently for a business meeting. This is a beautiful, old and historic hotel in a great area. Customer service, food, and comfort of room was very good. Meeting rooms were also very nice and served our purposes well. Only suggestion would be to add coffee maker in the rooms, as I always appreciate this.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Loews Boston Hotel? Share your experiences!