“Excellent staff, Close to BMC” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Points
Ranked #52 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Loma Linda, CA, United States
“Excellent staff, Close to BMC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is the best hotel if you work at the BMC. It is a short walking distance and has plenty of restaurants to choose from within 1 mile radius. Therere is free shuttle also to and from the airport and to and from the hospital.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We booked this hotel through Priceline, which was very helpful financially. Staff was very helpful only because we encountered so many issues. We called ahead to let them know we would have a late check in. When we arrived, they gave us a room on the hospital side, but we requested to be moved to the ''quiet" side.

Unfortunately because of the location, the only place to park safely was in the parking garage next door. They also told us parking would be an additional $25 a day. That's ridiculous for how much this hotel charges per room. We went up to the room only to find out our room card did not work. We had to go back down to the front desk to have them recalibrate the room card. This happened again after we came back from a late dinner.

Once we got into the room, we noticed right away one of the queen beds looked very used. You could tell most people who stayed in that room used the bed closest to the window. Also, there were strands of women’s hair all over the bed and the headboard had a noticeable chunk of it missing, almost like someone had kicked it. The WiFi in this hotel was not the greatest either. Most other hotels we have stayed at logged you in right away when searching for a signal. This hotel asked for a promo code and once you eventually connected, it was useless and put my apps/web at a standstill. I got better signal using my cellular data.

The next day, we went down for the free breakfast, only to be disappointed with quality of the food. The eggs were rehydrated and tasted like clumps of dust. The meat tasted like wet cardboard and the bread products tasted stale and rock hard. Again, for how much this hotel charges, we expected a better quality breakfast.

My fiancee had an interview with a graduate school in Boston that day and wouldn't be out of the interview until 3pm. The staff was helpful switching our check out time to 2pm instead of the normal 12pm so that gave me time to relax in the room during the her interview. I was in and out of our room, walking around the city, grabbing lunch, but every single time I went back to the our room, the card would not work, so once again, I had to go down to the front desk and have them recalibrate the room card each time. They even gave me a new card to use, which would not work either. This became very irritating.

Around 1:30pm, I was packing our things up, getting ready to leave, only to have the cleaning staff rudely knock on our door and forcefully ask if we were leaving, as if we were not allowed to be there. We had until 2pm to check out! What made this even more annoying was the fact we had the ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign hanging on the door handle outside the room.

After dinner, we were ready to leave. We were told by the front desk our parking pass was good until 6pm that day and we would be charged the normal parking rate afterwards. So we were expecting to pay for only an hour of parking since it was only 7pm. To our surprise, we drove up to the parking tenant, told him what the front desk told us and he started to flip out. He threw his hat on the table, called the front desk very upset and tried to tell them we couldn’t do that. He got so heated in our conversation, a parking garage security guard came over and stood next to our car probably thinking we were the ones who upset him. This was unacceptable. There was no reason for the tenant to get upset towards us due to the lack of understanding of policy between the garage and the hotel. All said and done, we had to write down our name and the front desk told us and the tenant they would charge on our room bill.

Bottom line, we would only stay at this hotel again if someone was paying us to stay there. The agony of dealing with these issues convinced us enough to not stay here again or recommend to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Recently stayed at this property for business. Great service, professional staff, and nice amenities. Complimentary breakfast, Internet, and shuttle service to the airport and convention center was really awesome. The hotel is near the hospital but the noise never bothered me and I slept well.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Royal Palm Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This was the best priced hotel I could find that offered a wide selection of food for breakfast. It was also not too far of walking distance to the Back Bay area, which is where everything is going on. It was noisy during the day due to the busy Hospital across the street, but that mellowed out around 11 PM. I wasn't in the hotel much to experience all the ambulance sirens. The staff was helpful and seemed to know where everything was. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Des Moines, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This hotel is run of the mill in quality and location. It isn't handy to the metro subway, and the room rate isn't a good value. The bed was very good, and the room was clean; however, the heating and cooling system was marginally effective.

El Cajon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Cross-town location ideal for those who want a more central location be the reason for the visit be business, pleasure or medical. Cable issues during stay, not corrected in timely fashion. Staff friendly and helpful.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have stayed twice at the Hamptons inn but I definitely have had a great experience each time. For me, it is close to where I need to be in Boston so the hotel location is prime. The beds are super comfortable, the walls are NOT thin, so great privacy and the service is great, not to mention the complimentary breakfast/dinner. I really appreciated the staff has been accomodating when things went wrong (vending machine ate our money, letting us check in a little later, or a lot earlier when I flew in for a red eye). I really appreciate the Hamptons a lot. The bathrooms are kind of dark and fluorescent lit and that would be my only complaint. Also the shuttle service saves you about 20 bucks but you do end up waiting a bit for it (the first time we waited 40 minutes, the second time I came, I waited 20-30 minutes). The stop for the shuttle is around the corner so it's very hard to find. When you call the front desk ask for very specific questions about where the shuttle stop is, otherwise it will pass by and you will panic, and you will run, which is what I did, in the frigid cold air for a wussy southern californian like me. OVerall highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center? Share your experiences!