“Great place at Boston prices!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   811 Massachusetts Avenue, Boston, MA 02118 (Dorchester/Roxbury/Mattapan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #43 of 77 hotels in Boston
Australia
“Great place at Boston prices!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Ok, well, lets start off with the good bits. I was there for 5 nights.

It is relatively close to Logan airport (taxi was about $30). In a relative safe area of town. It is about a 15min bus ride into downtown Boston and Newbury St, its probably about 15 to 20mins to all good attractions. The hotel room was probably the best ive stayed in whilst travelling through the USA. I booked a non smoking king room, it was clean, ample space for two people, the bed was very very comfortable, pillows were so comfy and fluffy, it was almost a little self contained apartment with a couch area, new TV, good shower and bathroom size, microwave, little sink, small fridge, I was very impressed. The front desk staff, on the whole, were very helpful and friendsly except for one of them (more in the below section on this note), they were very knowledgeable about where to go and how to get to places which is very helpful. I did not like the fact that the blinds did not close completely so in the morning you are easily woken up by the sunlight soon as the sun comes up BUT i did ask the front desk to fix this and within 5minutes they had clipped and organised the blinds closed so that i could have a darker room when i slept. They do have an airport shuttle to the airports which is great, but they only run between 5am and 10pm so be aware (more on this below). They provide a free breakfast which is always a big bonus, the breakfast was over all very good, with relatively limited choice but still very good. offered boxed cereal with milk, they had a waffle iron to make your own, fruit bowl and fruit salad, various pastries, bread for toast, bisquit (or scone if you will), bagels, breakfast potatoes, turkey sausages and omelette. juices cranberry, apple, orange and grapefruit, coffee tea and hot chocolate available all day and in take away (to go) cups so thats always great. They do not offer room service, but im not into room service anyway. also they offer free internet use in a computer room which is great

the not so great things:

the walls are thin so you can hear people laughing next door sometimes and when someone uses the shower or bathroom you can hear that too. the windows are not sound proofed, at least not in the room I had so you will often hear heavy traffic, horns and the frequent ambulances go past as the hotel is located right next to hospitals. it is in a medical area so be aware, also there is a homeless shelter about a block or two away. but during my stay during the weekend friday to monday it wasnt totally bad it wasnt too loud but you will hear noise.

the airport shuttle runs between 5am and 10pm and does not run too frequently so if you dont ensure to find out the time the shuttle runs to your particular airport you may end up stuck having to pay for your own taxi to the airport. it seems the shuttle runs hourly alternating from Logan airport and another nearby airport. You will need to call the hotel to get the shuttle to pick you up from the airport - and on this note is where my gripe is with this hotel. I rang twice to ensure the shuttle ran during the time i was arriving in Boston which was midnight. twice i was told yes its fine just ring us and we will pick you up. the night before I was to arrive I rang the hotel to book the shuttle and was told the shuttle was not running at that time, I spoke to the night manager Eddie at the time and was assured that if I obtained a receipt from the taxi, due to being misinformed twice by hotel staff, my taxi would be refunded and would leave a message for the person working that night. I arrived with my receipt and the man at the desk at midnight, had NO clue wat was going on, firstly he told me that my credit card had been rejected by bookit.com and that he "read something about the taxi in the book and my paperwork" but that he was not authorised to refund me the money. I asked him to ring bookit.com with me because i had spoken to them the day before (bookit.com will ring you to verify your credit card and details sometimes and once that happens they send the paperwork to the hotel to say ALL GOOD booking is confirmed) but Bob (i think was his name) said he had no idea about it but that he would still give me my room but he didnt have time to deal with me at that time and I should speak to the morning staff about my issue as he "has lots of clients to attend to" it was 1am and no one around so I do not know what he went on about. I went to my room and rang bookit.com who confirmed NOTHING was wrong, they rang Bob or Rob watever his name was and when bookit.com returne dto me they were surprised that Bob infact, did not know how the online hotel booking system worked and they had to resend al the paperwork for the 4th time and confirm to him the information did NOT say my credit card was rejected by that it had been security verified and confirmed. In the end the hotel did not refund me the taxi fare as I had been promised because Bob said he knew nothin gabout it and by the time I had left Eddie had not worked so I could not speak to him about it. So that soured my stayed there.

apart from that one small unpleasantness, the overall hotel stay was actually very good. I did have a room that faced massachusetts avenue so maybe that is why there was more noise, i probably would stay there again but perhaps request a room that is far away from massachusetts avenue in order for it to be quieter.

Room Tip: perhaps ask for a room away from massechusetts avenue.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

411 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Greek first
San Pedro de Macoris, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I was with my family in this hotel for 4 days, and we had wonderfull time, the staff is excellent, the room always very clean, the front desk staff always is available to help you, Michell is nice guy, the breakfast is very good and varied, exellent location near to varios attractions like the Fenway Park, the general manager is always taking care of every detail of the hotel, the shuttle service always is on time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Matthews, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Again a review that should be a half lower, but we can't factor in 1/2 ratings. Since their we're really no gotchas, rated it higher.

Location is not bad, but the shuttle from the Airport took forever to pick me up, we'll over an hour wait. Restaurants are about a half mile walk, and serval choices which are very good.

Room was as expected. Breakfast was okay, but the oatmeal was prepared very poorly. Managers reception did not include any drinks, which was a bit disappointing. Again the overall rating is a little high.

Stayed on an upper level floor, no noise issues that I noticed. Front desk staff did a good job. Would consider staying again when in Boston.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed here for a 5-day business trip to Boston. All in all a decent venue.

Positive: Nice clean and spacious rooms, comfortable beds, big bathrooms, great service, good location (not far from Fenway park, about a 15 minute bus ride to downtown), shuttle service from the airport.

Negative: Very loud (you hear the traffic from the 2 crossing streets and ambulances that go in and out of the nearby hospital), pricy (about 1100$ for 5 nights), not the best breakfast buffet, had a stain on my bed sheets one day after they were changed in the morning.

Not the best 3-star hotel I have stayed at, but ok for a short trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
rural ak
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We were staying in Boston for a medical appointment and this hotel was great. Good location near hospitals and to 90/93. The free breakfast was good, rooms comfortable and the pool room light and clean.
Although they didn't have a refridgerator for us they stored our baby milk for us and gave us milk when we needed it. Very helpful. Will stay here again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lincolnton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

For value and service, it just can't get any better than this particular Hampton Inn. The expected breakfast was excellent with enormous variety and attentive staff. (We tip the food service staff--you should too!) We travel close to the ground--pack light, take public transportation, and walk.
This hotel is a scant two blocks from the SL4 T-line bus, a breeze to get to and from downtown. The Cambridge/ Harvard Square bus stop is right across the street. We were greeted warmly at registration and provided a better map that we had purchased earlier. Every employee was cordial and courteous. Then the pleasant surprise of a manager's reception every evening--call it dinner! Can't wait to get back to Bahstn and the Hampton. Excellent shuttle service, too.

Room Tip: Good views from seventh floor. Occasional siren sounds from nearby NE Medical Center, but not an is...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center? Share your experiences!