“Delicious! ” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 2,846 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Description: They will make a sandwich on fresh baked Italian with any meat they have in the case...
“Delicious! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Went there during a walking your. Had a sampling of the marinated mozzarella, was amazing. Tried the 12 yr old Balsamic vinegar, wow!!! My husband tried the octopus salad and loved it!!

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Real Italian Salumeria right here in Boston!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I grew up in Northern Italy. I've never been able to take my children back to Italy. My daughter and I ended up in Boston for a girls weekend and came upon this gem. Just walking inside sent my senses back 3,500+ miles to Italy. Then the gentle, but matter of fact, knowledge and service kept the line moving but made sure you got what you wanted. They also offered some samples to those trying to decide. Everything was delicious! All of their products were fresh and genuine.
As we were walking out with our tasty treats, we had the pleasure of speaking to the owners' (grand?)father. He made me feel as if I was speaking to my own Nonno. My daughter was just studying Italian at her university, so she enjoyed hearing it spoken. (She was embarrassed by it as a child-silly girl!) And like a true Italian gentleman, he complimented her youth and beauty...made her night/year!
As it turned out, we made it to Italy in the Spring, had lunch from a small grocery's deli one afternoon, and my daughter said, "This is just like Boston!".

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco
“Great Italian sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Everything, from the crunchy bread to the freshness of the meats to the various dressing, was done to perfection. We had the Italian combo and the flavors meshed just right. No one flavor was overpowering. Our other choice was the caprese and that also had well balanced flavors. These are not huge sandwiches with meat busting out and dripping all over. These are well crafted, simple, flavorful, and satisfying. And they are all reasonably priced. Perfecto!

Visited August 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Love, love, love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We have been coming to this grocery for years. There are shelves packed with all sorts of Italian goodies. Beautiful, unusually shaped pastas, rich olive oils, Balsamic vinegars, and a gorgeous meat & cheese selection. They also make sandwiches to go. On our visit yesterday, there was an elderly Italian gentleman sitting on a stool, and motioned for me to sit with him when we were on our way out. I almost wanted to, but didn't, and now I can't stop thinking about it. Please go to this place for an authentic Italian experience!

Visited August 2014
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Reminds me of home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Every time we go to Boston we make a stop at Salumeria. It's a wonderful store filled with fresh Italian meats and cheeses. It's the only place I shop when I want to make our favorite Italian dinners. As soon as you walk in you are hit with wonderful smells that remind me of home. If your looking for a Italian food store, This is a must stop!!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Salumeria Italiana? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Salumeria Italiana, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.