“Fabulous stay, a hidden gem” 5 of 5 stars

$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #6 of 77 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Davis, CA
“Fabulous stay, a hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

We had an excellent stay at this hotel. The front staff were exceptional - very friendly, made us feel very welcome, took into account our special request on the reservation, and just did an all around great job. The hotel location is excellent: near the Red Sox ballpark, lots going on in the area, near a T line. It is on a side street, so is much easier to navigate to than the other hotels in the area. The lobby is much more personal and friendly than those of the bigger hotels in the area, much more comfortable for us. The smaller lobby size made us feel like things were safer for our son as well, as he could wander more freely there. The room was lovely and the service during our stay was great. We travel a lot for liesure and for work and would highly recommend this hotel for either.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2009

From the Valet parking, Front Desk, housekeeping staff to the choice of a hot cooked buffet or individual breakfast - it was just right! The staff was cordial, polite and showed great customer service. The hot breakfast was restaurant quality and was a nice change from the cold breakfast buffets! If you like building architecture, history and a cozy room this is a great place to stay. From our room with the arched windows, we had a great view of the Prudential Center. We felt quite safe in the room and hotel. The room and in particular, the bathroom, was quite clean. We are definitely planning on staying here when we come to Boston again! Big hotel experience in a cheaper and more cozy environment - you have to try this hotel!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Cape Cod Ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2009

I stayed at the courtyard by marriott last week with my wife and 2 children as a weekend away from home. We chose the courtyard because of its close proximity to fenway and good restaurants. We found the staff to be extremely pleasant and helpful. And the Sam Adams beer activity in the lobby was a huge plus! - Rooms were very clean and we received all requests prior to checking in.
Over all I would give the Courtyard a perfect score.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2009

Great Location for Sightseeing, local transportation, and dining. What makes this Hotel unique is the incredible friendliness of the staff. They were always available for assistance, recommendations, and suggestions. I have stayed in many Marriott's around the World but never one where the staff actually acted as though they were glad you were staying at their Hotel. The location drives the price but this location was ideal for Boston University's Graduation, sightseeing, and dining. The Hotel definitely exceeded our expectations and added to a very restful and pleasurable trip to a wonderful City.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

I traveled to Boston for the first time with my boyfriend on Tuesday May 19. We stayed just for one night. We were in town for sightseeing, shopping and to go to a Red Sox game at Fenway. I chose this hotel because it was cheaper than the other options and seemed to be in a great location. We took the T from the airport and were able to find the hotel easily. It is about 3 blocks from the green line so it was convenient to the T.

We arrived around 10am. I had requested early check-in when I made my reservation. No rooms were available when I arrived. They stored our luggage and we returned around 3:30 and got our room. I requested a room on a high floor but was placed on the 4th floor. Our room was TINY! If I was traveling with someone other than my boyfriend, we would have had to switch rooms. It was even a little cramped with my boyfriend. If I was alone, it would have been fine. We had a king size bed that was almost pushed up against the windows. There was a small space to walk sideways between the bed and the windows. The TV was on the side wall so you had to lay sideways in the bed to see the TV and the person on the far side could barely see the TV. The bathroom was across from the bed about a foot away so if someone turned the light on in the bathroom while someone was sleeping, it was a bother. It appears that this hotel was not a hotel at one point so I think probably all the rooms are different sizes. We were in a corner room near the elevator, which we never heard. Also, there was no view. We overlooked a building and an alley. I will say the good points of the room was that it was very clean, the bathroom was a good size, we had plenty of towels and toiletries and the TV had a lot of channels. The bed was really comfortable, but I have yet to meet a Marriott bed that I did not like. We didn't complain about anything because we were only in the room to sleep and shower. I would have requested a different room if we were there for longer.

Both of the employees we encountered at the front desk and valet were really nice and helpful. They gave great directions. The hotel offered complimentary cookies upon check-in, and also complimentary snacks and beverages prior to the Red Sox game, which I think might be prior to every Red Sox home game. They also had a computer and printer which we were able to use for free to print our boarding passes.

The location of the hotel is the best part about it. It's in the Copley Square area. It's across the street from Prudential Center and the Boston Duck Tours, which I also recommend. It's around the corner from a large 24 hour supermarket. It's two blocks from the heart of Newbury Street. It's a long walk to Fenway Park, but doable. The weather was nice and we don't mind walking so we walked to Fenway and back. It's an easy walk, a straight shot. The subway can also be taken there. There was signs at the parking garage across from the hotel advertising Red Sox parking. I don't think there's many hotels closer to Fenway anyways. We walked back from Fenway around 11pm and felt safe. The hotel is in an area with a ton of other hotels and it was nice.

We did not eat at the hotel's restaurant but I looked at their breakfast menu. it was small but reasonably priced. Just a block away is Boylston St where there is a ton of bars and restaurants.

Check-out was fine, no complaints. They stored our luggage until we left at 7pm with no problem.

I would stay at this hotel again if I wanted to stay in this area again. The location was convenient and everyone was nice and everything was clean. I'd just switch rooms if I got another small one.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
So Cal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

Just stayed at the hotel. Went to Boston w/ Dad to catch a Sox game. Hotel great location. You can easily catch a trolley car that will drive you around the city. Also walking distance to hotels and stores. Room was fairly clean. Beds were a little firm, pillows were great. Overall decent rooms for the price. Don't eat at the restaurant. It's very convenient, but pricy. The food was poor at best. Walk a block or two and go to a real restaurant. The bellman and concierge were great and helpful. Would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

I stayed here while attending a wedding and in celebration of my 6 month wedding anniversary.

We were given a nice corner room. It was clean but looked old and worn. The bed was comfortable. Our curtains were messed up and let in a lot of light - not the best when you are trying to sleep in.

We paid $300 a night plus $42 a day for parking. For not much more I feel like I could have stayed at the Ritz or Four Seasons.

The hotel is in a great location - an easy walk to most attactions.

I had been in Boston two weekends before and stayed at the Renaissance Waterfront hotel (which is owned by Marriot). It's a but further from the center of Boston but the price was almost $100 less a night, the rooms where cleaner and nicer. I recommed you stay there!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Boston Copley Square? Share your experiences!