“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Birmingham England
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in June. Hotel was perfect for our trip. It was in a good location, friendly staff, clean and comfortable, so comfortable we didnt wake up till midday! Hotel is close to the subway. Nathaniel Square (great place for restaurants/bars/shops) is only about 2 stops away and Harvard about 4/5 stops away. If you're in Boston make sure you explore the side streets as there are some lovely boutiques around. Overall a very pretty place to visit.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Kathleen F, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Copley Square, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Becky,

We are so happy to hear your lovely comments relative to your stay with us! We hope to see you again when you next visit Boston.

Best regards,

Sales & Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Tarzana, Ca.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is a very convenient and comfortable hotel. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. It's right next to the Prudential Center, Boylston and Newbury streets so it's close to lots of shops and restaurants and public transportation. Great area to walk around! The staff was welcoming, helpful and very nice. There's a huge construction project going on across the street but we didn't hear anything as it was a Saturday. Keep that in mind when making a reservation, try to get a room on the other side of the hotel. Also, if you're driving, parking is expensive but convenient (they'll valet) but the street is pretty crowded due to the construction.

Room Tip: Try to book a room away from the construction!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mstarzana,

Thank you for your kind words! I have shared your comments with our team. We hope that you will come back and see us again very soon!

Best regards,

Toronto, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night during a road trip from Toronto to the East Coast of the US. Location was great, very close to lots of restaurants, shops, etc. The room was OK, beds were very comfortable, but the vent in the bathroom howeled like the Arctic wind and was not able to be shut off! We slept with the bathroom door closed due to the noise. The room was a bit stuffy. Front desk staff was average, but the concierge was excellent. She helped us find a great seafood restaurant for dinner as we were celebrating my birthday. All in all, I would stay here again, but the reason my review is not better is due to the price - when I am spending over $200/night, I expect a little better than what we got at this hotel. Not bad, just not great.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Kathleen F, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Copley Square, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Chaboey,

Thank you for your review and kind words regarding our location, beds and concierge. I believe I was the one who assisted you with choosing a restaurant. I’m thrilled you enjoyed the restaurant I recommended! It’s always a pleasure to hear a recommendation was appreciated.

Thank you also for your words regarding the bathroom vent. I have informed our engineering department of this and we will be fixing the vent.

I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your birthday outing in Boston and that you will come back to see us again.

Lehighton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Nice place to stay over night...no food and extremely small bar that closes at 10. Rooms are lovely. Next to large shopping center that has it all. Kind of difficult to get to...enterance is a bit off the beaten path. Front desk staff was awesome, completely accommodating.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Allentowntoboston,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding our rooms, front desk team and location! I have shared your comments with our staff and they were delighted to hear that you found them “awesome” and “accommodating."

We hope you will come back and see us again soon!

Regards,
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

As a frequent traveller to the Boston area, I really appreciate the genuine hospitality and caring attitude of the staff at this hotel! They go out of their way to make you feel welcome and at home. The location is fantastic with easy access to the Prudential Center, great restaurants, and the T. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: There's construction going on across the street, and they start working around 7:30 am every day...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kathleen F, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Copley Square, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Ms. Cain,

Thank you so much for the 5 star review! We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Have a delightful day,

Sales & Marketing Manager & Team
Nantucket, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is such a nice place, I can't wait until I can stay there again. It is a small hotel, only about 70 rooms, but that is what makes it so nice. It is a classic Boston hotel. All the people I dealt with were so nice and helpful, my room was spotless and the entire place was just perfect. I found the whole experience charming. The room was cozy and nice and very quiet, even with construction right across the street. I loved everything about the place. I stayed at the Westin last time I was in Boston and it was a typical big hotel, very impersonal and character-less.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Pansysmum,

Thank you so very much for the 5 star review and kind words! I have shared your lovely comments with our team. We are so pleased to hear of this wonderful experience, we hope to see you again soon!

Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Courtyard Marriott Boston Copley Place GM, Bernardo, does not return telephone calls of its Platinum members that complain.Inexcusable! Stay at the Westin- it is in a much better area.

The hotel is a dumpy courtyard that has not one attribute that would explain arrogance. Construction across the street had backup large vehicle beeping starting at 7 a.m.. Cleaning crew ignored my do not disturb sign and went into the room and remade the bed.

I am consistently hearing about the lack of customer service for Platinum members and this is a perfect example. The hotel staff lies that the GM will return your call. Hotels need to realize that with the information flow today people are not going to take that treatment.

I would like to see a hotel reach out to Marriott Platinum members and offer a full conversion to bring them to a company that treats them with respect and maybe even a real room upgrade that is never given by Marriott.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
bgubert63, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Copley Square, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Orlgal_12,

In my 20+ years in this industry I have never gone home without returning a guest’s call. My goal is to always make every guest feel important and special. I know things happen and not every stay is always going to be perfect, but I assure you that I always return calls and welcome all possibilities of turning a bad experience into a memorable one.
I apologize if I am unaware of the issue or concern but only hope and encourage you to please call me so that I restore any bad feelings.

I look forward to speaking with you and thank you for the opportunity,

Bernardo

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Boston Copley Square? Share your experiences!