“8 Beers, some great food if you like LOUD” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #584 of 2,846 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Atlanta, Georgia
“8 Beers, some great food if you like LOUD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Eight beers, 2 Seafood platters, 1 fish and chips and a Southwest salad @ $102.65. It is Boston so the cost was expected. It's a nice place with a fun but LOUD crowd. We know it was loud when we walked in and had to cab it so we decided to stay. Good call. The Fisherman's platter had large shimp and scallops, some fish, and clams on a bed of fries. It was fried and excellent. I wish they would put some buffers on the ceiling and/or walls. The loudness was more shrill than just loud and it tapered as people left. Food: Outstanding, Beer selecton: Outstanding, Service: Very Good- at first they did not seem happy we were there but settled as the crowd reduced. I think it was Marathon week overwhelmed. Still tipped over 20%. Atmosphere: Good but piercing loud at times. Value: As expected for Boston. When in town I will be a repeat customer.

Visited April 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Pub Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I ate here over the weekend and will be back soon. I had the Shenannigan's Chicken Sandwich and my boyfriend had the Southwest Chicken Wrap. Both were awesome. My sandwich was huge and I ordered substituted for sweet potato fries. The sandwich came out perfect and crisp and I ended up staying full through the afternoon. Atmosphere is very friendly with a cool young professional vibe.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cork, Ireland
“Great pub food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Was here with a group of friends for dinner, I can highly recommend the steak tips they are very good as was the draught Harpoon IPA, nice clean bar with a good atmosphere and quick and friendly service, will certainly return on my nex trip to south Boston.

Visited January 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Always excellent!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is one place in Southie I always hit when it's time to eat. Terrific staff, amazing food and big portions! My personal favorites are the Shenannigan's chicken pasta and the chicken curry.

The front of the house is always very welcoming and helpful, as well as attentive. Haven't had a bad experience yet!!

Wellesley
“Good burgers/pub food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Shenanigans is a better than average place to eat among the many pub options in the Southie area. You get relatively quick service, a good burger [or pretty good Steak & Cheese] without much of a wait. In the summer they sometimes open the big front windows so it almost feels like a patio but is a worthwhile lunch stop within the area. I haven't been on weekends or at night so I can't rate the bar scene.

• Visited November 2013