Stayed here for couple of nights in junior suite for excellent price of $206 plus tax, booking through hotel was surprisingly the cheapest rate obtainable, particularly as hotel was full. Excellently located, away from the husle and busle, 10min cab drive to Boston park, but 5min walk to anywhere in Back Bay area, with fab Newburry Street and the shopping stretch of Boylston streets short walk away. It was excellent to go for a walk on a warm night to Newburry street and have dinner in one of its numerous and excellent bars and eateries. The small sitting room adjacent to the bedroom faced onto the Commonweath Ave and the large bus stop, but due to double glazing and superb furnishings and sun block out, it was super quiet. The aircon system was the quietest I have ever encountered, made for super pleasant sleep on a hot summer night.
It is rarely that I give 5/5 to any hotel I stay in, Hyatt in Milan being notable exception, but Commonwealth was simply excellent, due to its attention to detail and superior service touches, including:
- preprogrammed numbers in the phone, super easy, and super efficient;
- one of the most helpful directories ever encountered, particularly one called "At Your Service"
- selection card for 5 choices of newspaper;
- jogging map and a walking map of Back Bay souvenir worthy with its charming old world look, but most importantly useful;
- taking "super clean" to a new level;
- thoutful design, such as hooks for hanging your bathrobe net to (small but cute) bath;
- choice of spa and massage services, including for expectant mothers as well as busy executives;
- small room service menu, but tasty and reasonably priced meals, and pleasant surprise inclusion of "dining out" section in the in room dining folder;
- efficient complimentary WIFI and free document printing;
- Ipod stands, etc.
- lovely gallery of photography for your enjoyment, fab breakfast room in their restaurant, excellent service and cosy art deco features, to name just a few.
The only thing that would make this hotel perfect is multi (adaptorless) international powerpoints which the best hotels are increasingly installing (at least at the business desk area). Excellent hotel, beautifully appointed, highly recommended.