“lovely hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Commonwealth

You added Hotel Commonwealth to your Saves list
Hotel Commonwealth
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215 (Fenway / Kenmore)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tempe, Arizona
“lovely hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is one of the better hotels in the US, the staff was wonderful upon arrival - then I left some belongings upon departure and they attended to getting them to me as soon as possible, especially notable was housekeeping head and front office manager - thanks you very much highly recommended.

Room Tip: no comment - all the rooms seems good
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (718)
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Myself and my son had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for 6 nights. I cannot say anything bad about this hotel. The rooms were large, the service was top notch, staff was courteous and friendly and if I was to return to Boston, I would return to this hotel; The convenience of having a subway station underneath the hotel, along with a 7-eleven, a dunkin donuts, a macdonalds practically right next door was a ++++ for me. It was also within walking distance to Fenway Park. However, the downside of this was not due to the hotel itself, but during our stay construction was ongoing at the hotel so we never got to use the main entrance, but rather a side door. It was the only smoking area which was right next to the side door. There was some sort of convention going on and this is where everybody smoked. So the entrance which proved to be quite unattractive (because it is a beautiful hotel) because of the cigarette butts that were scattered on the ground. I had to inform the front desk staff that it needed to be cleaned up and it was taken care of immediately; Maybe once construction is finished there will be an appropriate designated smoking area, so that people do not have to inhale smoke on there way in and out. But as for everything else....... it was an awesome stay; Never once ate from the room service, I thought the prices were rather steep even in U.S. $$ and I'm from Canada.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the street, not a great view, but better than the alternative (again scaffolds...
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed 2 nights in a Kenmore Room with 2 Queen beds. The room was quite spacious, clean and very nicely decorated. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The only slight inconvenience was that the lobby is under renovation so we used a side entrance requiring stairs, if we had large luggage that would have been a problem. The restaurant (Eastern Standard) attached to the hotel was good for breakfast and dinner. My only problem during the stay was due to the noisy room next door, hours of partying which kept us awake so I finally called the front desk at 1.30am and they immediately went to the room to deal with it. All in all good service, rooms and location.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We booked this hotel through Travelzoo for a very low rate, probably because it was under construction at the time. We checked into a temporary lobby and were greeted by very friendly staff. Not only did they let us check in early but they gave us a complimentary upgrade to a large suite with a view of Kenmore Square and free wifi. We were facing the CITGO sign. The windows are soundproof and the curtains block out all light. The bed was extremely comfortable and the products top notch. These rooms seem very tastefully decorated. This was an excellent value, especially given the rate we booked. I would avoid a room with a view of Fenway Park as you really wouldn't see much. There is a building being built that will likely impact what little view you would have had. The Kenmore side seemed much nicer. This area is right at the T stop for Kenmore and there are some excellent restaurants / bars. Two of Boston's best restaurants are in this hotel. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose the Kenmore Square side if possible.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The front desk is excellent!! Special shout out to Nick for all your help!!! I love this hotel, this was our second visit and both have been a great experience. Great location for college visits. Thanks for making our stay a pleasant one.

Room Tip: Fenway view
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel is lovely and the staff is always willing to help. The cleaning service is great, the room was always clean and fresh. Good location, walking distance to Newbury. They were remodeling the lobby so I think that to compensate for that they upgraded us to an executive suite which was lovely. I definitely recommend this hotel to everyone looking for comfort and good location in Boston.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

I wanted a nice, romantic night out with my boyfriend and what I got was more complaints than I could have ever imagined. I booked this hotel because it was rated in the top 5. Unfortunately, after what we experienced this hotel should be in the BOTTOM 5. Let's start with the appearance, we had to go to a sketchy stairwell to get to the front desk. The people behind the counter had absolutely no idea what they were doing. The room was asked for wasn't ready so they bumped us up to an executive suite, which we were not informed and were charged more for. But what really pissed me off was the parking! Valet parking which might I add cost about 45$. We waited outside the next day for almost a half hour until they finally came out and told us there was a problem with my boyfriends keys. They drove us over and come to find out the valet guy left the lights on so my boyfriends car died. You bet we will NEVER be staying here again NOR recommending this hotel to ANYONE.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
NCasillo, Director Of Rooms at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Many thanks for sharing your experience. While it is obviously difficult to read the contents of your review and I am so sorry that you had anything but a positive experience here, I hope that we may have the opportunity to address your concerns directly. I can be reached by email at ncasillo@hotelcommonwealth.com or by telephone at 6175325055 if you would be so kind as to reach out to me.

Been to Hotel Commonwealth? Share your experiences!