“Day at Fenway.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Commonwealth

Save Saved
You added Hotel Commonwealth to your Saves list
Hotel Commonwealth
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215 (Fenway / Kenmore)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #2 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“Day at Fenway.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Very close to Fenway park. Being this hotel is in a major city the room was very quite . Staff were very friendly. Good restaurant on street level.The lobby seemed a little out dated even at that was very nice.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (651)
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I had never stayed at the hotel before and It will now be my hotel of choice. My friend and I both had rooms and we decided to upgrade to a suite and share a room. Jeff, the assistant manager was so helpful in making this happen. He moved us to the reading suite and it was amazing. So much room and perfect for two people. I wish we had more time there, but I will be back as long as Jeff is there to lead the pack.

• Stayed September 2014
Lake Zurich, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My husband and I went to Boston for the 4th of July and stayed for 6 nights at the Hotel Commonwealth. It is a beautiful hotel, everything is nice - zero complaints! The lobby, the people, the service, the rooms, the bathrooms, the restaurants. It was all great. We ate a Breuggars bagel across the street every morning. My husband was also very excited to see Fenway out the window and walk around the corner to get to it. Super close to the stadium. We were a quick walk (10-15min I think) to Newbury street and about 30min to the Public Garden. We love walking though so we thought it was great. We highly recommend this hotel and hope to return!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Enjoyed my return visit to the Hotel Commonwealth. Previous visits were for business, so this leisure trip allowed more time to appreciate the comfort of the room and the excellent service. Great location - walk to Fenway Park and to museums, subway stop next to the hotel. Great restaurants on either side of the hotel - Island Creek Oyster Bar is extraordinary and Eastern Standard was good for breakfast. The staff is friendly and helpful, helping with bag storage and transportation. Love the Jr. Suite with the curtain separating the bedroom from sitting room.

Room Tip: Decide whether you want to face Fenway Park or Commonwealth Street and ask for that.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

It was my second stay at the Commonwealth. ..I didn't think they could top the fabulous Fenway room we had in April. . But they did. I have never felt so welcome at any hotel. Their front desk employees are fabulous and make your feel at home right away. If you're going to fenway you can't beat the location and if you're not the subway is at your door. Thank you for another fantastic stay

• Stayed September 2014
Memphis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked this hotel after reading the TA reviews and our stay confirmed the superlatives. Even before we arrived, the front desk helped us snare a coveted reservation at the Island Creek Oyster Bar, just off the lobby. We found all of the staff, including the door men, to be equally accomodating. We booked the larger king bed guest room and it was worth the expense. The bedroom can be separated from the sitting area by a set of drapes, so any night owl or early riser can avoid disturbing their sleeping companion. The hotel is a convenient jog to the Charles River Esplanade, although the exercise room is quite nice. Just outside the front door, you can hop on the green line at the Kenmore stop. Of course, Fenway Park is also a short walk, as are numerous restaurants. This will definitely be my first choice on my next trip to Boston

Upstate NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I don't post reviews often. However, if I'm impressed or disappointed I'll voice my opinion. In this case, though, I'll make an exception. The Hotel Commonwealth had one thing going for it - location. I was in town for a Red Sox game and location was key.
That being said I'm very happy I got such a good deal through Orbitz because, honestly, if I paid full price I'd be one unhappy camper. The room was nicely appointed. But the comforter was torn. The bathroom was clean. But we only had 2 towels (most give you 4). No dimmer in the bathroom so when we had to get up at nightvwe were blinded. No clock or alarm in the room (not everyone uses a cell for that). I realize this is nitpicky, but the rooms can go upwards of 400 a night for a basic room. The weirdest part was we had to check out at the desk. No option to do on the tv or by phone? No bill slipped under the door? So we waited in line 15 minutes to just leave. Haven't had to that in YEARS. But like I said...perfectly fine with me because of my Orbitz deal. Full price? Never again. Overall? Not impressed....meh.
* The doormen were the best part of our stay. Props to Jeffrey...he was friendly, helpful, and cheerful.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Commonwealth? Share your experiences!