“Hotel in Kenmore Square” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Commonwealth

You added Hotel Commonwealth to your Saves list
Hotel Commonwealth
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215 (Fenway / Kenmore)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
10% off Sunday night
Ranked #3 of 82 Hotels in Boston
NJ
“Hotel in Kenmore Square”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We have stayed here many times while visiting the city whether for business or to visit with our children. The staff is always lovely. The hotel is clean and nicely decorated and the room amenities are wonderful. I do miss that there is no room service or dedicated dining room for meals. I had once asked for hot tea at night and was brought an empty electric tea pot that I guess I was suppose to fill up from the bathroom sink tap no mug and no tea bag. LOL Breakfast is served in a restaurant that is not accessible through the hotel but we find it to be a limited menu and not that exciting for a with that charges the price it does for the rooms.
Transportation is easily accessible at the front of the hotel via taxi or T or even walking.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
asperling, General Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
NJluvtotravel,

Thank you for staying with, both recently and in the past and for taking the time to provide your feedback. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay but want you to know that we offer 24 hour Room Service at the hotel and I apologize that you were not made aware of that. Eastern Standard provides this service and does an excellent job !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (783)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Antlers, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Excellent location. I went on vacation with friends and stayed one night. You are within walking distance to everything you could want, shopping, dining, Fenway, historical points and transportation (the T). The staff was friendly and the rooms are so fancy! It was pricey but worth it. We were on the 3rd floor but I know I was hearing the T below us. That is about the only thing I can say that is bad about this property. Would definately stay again!

• Stayed July 2014
dfwilliams2,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide feedback. I'm pleased you enjoyed the hotel, our staff and location. Hope to welcome you back again.
Mount Kisco, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stay in Boston every summer and try a different hotel each time. HC was nice, but not worth the price. Staff was extremely helpful and professional. Location is great. But otherwise it was rather ordinary. Lobby areas are bland and the layout of common areas is choppy and disjointed.

soxfanseh,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide feedback. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay overall and hope you will try us again in the future
Knoxville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Commonwealth (July 18-20) on a recent trip to Boston to visit my daughter who was at the Boston Conservatory. HC is terrific!! The location is convenient to the Boston Conservatory, Newbury St. and Fenway Park. The property is very well maintained and the rooms are well appointed, clean and spacious. Both restaurants that are attached to the hotel are fun and loaded with activity - one is an oyster bar and the other is a gastro bistro. The hotel staff was friendly and very helpful in recommending dining options. Boston hotels seem to be expensive in general and although HC falls into that category it was a great value compared to other choices that I considered. You will not go wrong staying at this property. Only one minor complaint - the hotel card keys were difficult to use while activating the elevator and room entry. Minor complaint and certainly not worthy of a downgrade in rating. Great Hotel.

Daniel W,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experiences. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, our location and the restaurants. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back often
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

While not in downtown of Boston, this hotel is convenient to Red Sox and the Back Bay - easy to manuever the train and walk along Beacon or Commonwealth. Nice stroll along the River finished by a dozen or so oysters at the inhouse oyster bar with a cold frosty beer - doesn't get much better!

Room Tip: Higher up is better facing Fenway - you can't see the field yet you can see the Green Monster!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
tstangel,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide feedback. I'm pleased you enjoyed the hotel, our location and Island Creek Oyster Bar !
New Boston, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This is a great hotel. The staff and service were friendly and extremely helpful. When they found out we were heading to MGH in the morning they offered a car service to bring my husband and I the morning of my surgery the and following morning for my husband to come back. It took the stress off of taking the MBTA on the two mornings.

The room was large and impeccably clean and comfortable we could see the big green monster (at Fenway) from our room.

If ever coming into the city again I would definitely check out staying here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Irgardener,

Thanks so much for staying with us and for providing feedback. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back again soon.
Stafford Springs, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My family stayed at the Hotel Commonwealth for 3 nights during the 4th of July Holiday weekend. The location of the hotel is wonderful. We walked to Fenway Park in minutes, and were only a few blocks from watching the fireworks on the Charles. Newbury Street with its great shopping and restaurants is also a convenient walk. The first day of our trip was hindered by Hurricane Arthur, but the staff and amenities more than made up for it. The rooms are spacious and super clean. The beds are extremely comfortable, and I loved the big bathroom. We stayed in a Fenway Room and had an amazing view of Fenway Park, and coincidentally the seats we were sitting in for the game. We had breakfast in the room every morning. The food was amazing, and the portions were huge and definitely worth the prices. Hannah at the front desk is a gem. I swear she never went home to sleep. She was there when we left in the morning, and when we returned late at night. She always gave us a warm and friendly greeting, and was beyond helpful with any questions we had. She made us feel as if we had been staying there for years. Jeff, the front desk manager was equally as hospitable. Haney, the night manager, was extremely pleasant and helpful on the phone with me prior to our trip. Yohann brought our luggage to our room when we checked in, and was there again for us at checkout. He is so polite and personable. We will definitely be back to the Hotel Commonwealth in the future. Our daughter starts college in Boston next month, and we are big Red Sox and Bruins fans. The staff was an absolute delight, and made you feel like you were their only guest. The hotel is beautiful and has 2 of Boston's best restaurants attached to it. We ate dinner one night at Eastern Standard and loved it. I later found out that the room service food comes from there. Hence, our delicious breakfasts. If you have the chance to stay at Hotel Commonwealth - you will not be disappointed. I can see why it is the #1 rated hotel in Boston, and it is well deserved.

Tammy W,

Thank you so much for saying with us and for providing feedback. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the kind words about Hannah, Jeff,Hannie & Yohannes ......
(I hope we let Hannah go home and sleep !!!).
We hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back again.