“Beware if you want to cancel reservation” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Commonwealth

Save Saved
You added Hotel Commonwealth to your Saves list
Hotel Commonwealth
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215 (Fenway / Kenmore)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Summer Stay Longer Promo
Ranked #1 of 77 hotels in Boston
Boca Raton, Florida
“Beware if you want to cancel reservation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We cancelled our reservation, but we had trouble cancelling online on the hotel's website so we called and were told "no problem." Then they charged us for two rooms for one night each and when we complained, they refused the refund saying there was no record of cancellation. I fought the charge with amex, but amex said we had no written proof of cancellation.So they made money on us for trusting them, but they lost our business forever. If you really want a great experience, stay at the Eliot. The staff and management are wonderful! Now we will never stay anywhere else in Boston.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

2,523 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (621)
Thousand Oaks, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

As the top rated hotel in Boston on TripAdvisor, I expected a bit more from this hotel. The room was a good size, clean, and the staff were helpful. The location of the hotel was also ideal - walking distance to most of the sites and super close to the subway. We did have a view of Fenway, but that view also includes the I-90 freeway. The bathroom was average. The advertised "fully-stocked minibar" ended up being an empty frig - which was fine given there is an excellent wine, beer, and spirits shop just steps away. The gym was also pretty weak. We enjoyed our stay, but this hotel is nothing to write home about.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Every summer I take a "baseball trip" to various cities in the U.S. This summer Fenway Park in Boston was on my agenda and I needed a hotel in Boston that was close to Fenway. Luckily I met a travel agent a year prior who recommended the Commonwealth. My experience at this hotel was phenomenal. The room was exceptionally clean, comfortable, and very roomy. From a wheelchair travelers point of view "very roomy" is hard to find in many hotels. And getting to Fenway was a short push away.

Upon check-in Nick at the front desk was ultra courteous, considerate, helpful, and accommodating.

My only mistake in hindsight was that I only stayed one night. As I should have stayed for three. It's not often the Cubs can sweep the Red Sox three games in a row!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We were in Boston for the Red Sox Games and we cannot say enough about the service from the time we arrived to the time we left. We enjoyed our conversations with Frankie (the door man) very personable and very helpful. The front desk did everything they could to help me locate gluten free restaurants and even made the reservations for us - very impressive.

We would definitely recommend and would stay at the hotel again on our next trip to see the Red Sox.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Western Mass
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I recently stayed at this hotel for a quick getaway and a Red Sox game. It was a fabulous experience. From the valet, to the front desk, to housekeeping and more, the staff did everything to ensure a great experience. I felt welcomed and pampered. The rooms are lovely and the beds are super comfy, and the options of two wonderful restaurants within the hotel complex is an added plus. A surprising amenity of particular importance was the free wifi and the google tablet supplied in our room! What a great perk for travelers! And the view of Fenway Park from our room was delightful.
The hotel is conveniently located in Kenmore Square and so allows for a Boston vantage point that is highly desirable. Cafes and coffee shops beckon. On game night, we walked up to Fenway Park within minutes and enjoyed a bit of the nightlife on the home from the game. Everything was superb. A fantastic stay, and one that I hope can be repeated in the future. I highly recommend Hotel Commonwealth. It is simply outstanding and unsurpassed.
I

Room Tip: Fenway Park views can't be beat!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Morristown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband is a Boston native and his wish for his 40th birthday ways to see a Red Sox game at Fenway Park. After I bought my game tickets, I booked an overnight stay at the Commonwealth Hotel at the recommendation of a friend. Well, I am glad I did because everything about the hotel made the birthday a memorable experience. From the moment we pulled-up to the valet when we arrived to the moment we checked out, the staff was friendly, accommodating, and always called us by our name -- which was a very nice touch. The walk from the hotel was super short to Fenway and Newbury street. Also, I had arranged, as a surprise, a Fenway gift basket w/ champagne to be delivered to the room, which was awesome. But it was topped by the placement of real Fenway seats in our room with a note card about all the milestones and moments the seats have seen. They really went the extra mile to make our stay special. The room was well-appointed -- quiet, comfortable bed, nice toiletry products, plush robes and towels, etc. And I really loved that they had iPad minis (or a similar tablet) in each of the rooms to allow you to access hotel services, the internet, music, weather, clock, etc. We dined twice at the Eastern Standard (breakfast and dinner) and each of the meals were very good. I can't wait to go to Boston again to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Marshfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I cannot say enough about the service at the Hotel Commonwealth. My son was lucky enough to be selected to sing the National Anthem at the Red Sox on Saturday night and the staff did everything possible to make it an unforgettable experience for our family. Our room was large and looked out on Fenway Park. The location was perfect. We walked to the ball park, Newbury Street and Copley Square. The food at Eastern Standard was excellent and we ordered room service after 11pm and they still took care of us. I would highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Commonwealth? Share your experiences!