“Excellent location, service, room quality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Commonwealth

You added Hotel Commonwealth to your Saves list
Hotel Commonwealth
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215 (Fenway / Kenmore)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #3 of 81 Hotels in Boston
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent location, service, room quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I spent 5 nights in this incredible hotel and every night was better than the previous. Great first impression from welcoming staff and fast check-in, super efficient and all smiles. The room was massive and of the best quality and so was the bed. I was served dinner at the room 2 of the nights, food was excellent too.
It was a business trip so location couldn't be better with the T station being 2 meters away (literally).
Definitely top choice for my next visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
FOManagerHC, Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear eltrip,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hotel Commonwealth. I am happy that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Smcweeny@hotelcommonwealth.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (742)
  • Turkish first
South Brunswick, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Just returned from a two night stay at Hotel Commonwealth. My son and I went to visit Boston University, which is walking distance form the hotel. Everything was very nice. Very friendly staff. Asked for a mini-fridge and one was brought up immediately. They helped us with reservations for dinner. Subway was right there, which we used to get to the waterfront and visit Quincy Market and the aquarium. Beds were super comfortable and room was quite spacious. We had a Fenway Room which directly overlooked the stadium. I suppose my only negative was the shower. I found it hard to monitor the water temp. I'd get it right where I wanted it, warm, and then it would change to either burning or freezing. With that said, the rates were good (for Boston) and there were restaurants in walking distance, subway right there, made it a great place to stay. Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Rona0103,

I hope you and your son enjoyed Boston University. Boston is a great city to go to college. I apologize about the issue with your shower. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so we are able to resolve this issue. I look forward to hearing from you.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We decided on the Commmonwealth based on the TripAdvisor reviews and were not disappointed. It was our first time in Boston and the location of the Commonwealth is excellent for access for everything you want to do in Boston.
The rooms are large and comfortable, we couldnt hear any traffic noise and they are well appointed. The restaurants downstairs are great, although you need to book as they are very popular.

Room Tip: Ask for a junior suite.
Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Andrew M,

I hope you enjoyed your first trip to Boston! Thank you for your review about our location and our rooms. We hope to see you again soon.

Worcester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The room was spacious and beautiful. I appreciated the 2 large easy chairs since most have only one. We only stayed one night but bedside tables and in room coffee would have made it worth the price.
Why do I have to keep writing to reach 200 characters this is a silly requirement. How about an ongoing word count?

Room Tip: Did not use pool or spa. You need an N/A on your rating scale
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Alice G,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We do offer complimentary Keurig coffee makers upon request. Please contact me at your earliest convenience and I can add this note to your profile.

Nashville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Art $350 a night and looking at some photos I really thought the room would be larger. The hotel is in an excellent location, very close to Fenway, restaurants, shopping, etc. The room itself didn't have the greatest amenities either. No bottled water, no in room bar, and unimpressive sheets. I don't plan on staying at again.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear knealagent,

I apologize that the size of your guest room did not meet your expectations. We do offer complimentary bottled water at the front desk. Please contact me at your earliest convenience, as I would love to discuss your stay further. I look forward to hearing from you.

Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Well located, with subway litterally underneath it, spacious room and friednly service.. Also good internet speed !! also close to Fenway Stadium ! Also the best clam chowder restaurant in the city is in the corner..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear djalmabritto,

Thank you very much for your review and kind words about our staff. I am thrilled you were able to enjoy Island Creek Oyster bar as well. We hope you will stay with us again.

Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The folks at the front desk were amazing! Helpful in everyway. Room service was quick and staff very polite. The hotel is in prime location for visiting BU and and shopping on Newbury and Boylston. Easiest place in town to get a taxi, beautiful lobby and great restuarants.

Room Tip: My room was quiet even though it was close to the elevators.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
FOManagerHC, Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear JoAnne S,

Thank you for your kind words about our staff and our location. We are very proud of the level of service our staff is able to provide to all of our guests. We hope to see you again soon.

Smcweeny@hotelcommonwealth.com

Been to Hotel Commonwealth? Share your experiences!