“Great hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Commonwealth

You added Hotel Commonwealth to your Saves list
Hotel Commonwealth
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215 (Fenway / Kenmore)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Boston
South Brunswick, New Jersey
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Just returned from a two night stay at Hotel Commonwealth. My son and I went to visit Boston University, which is walking distance form the hotel. Everything was very nice. Very friendly staff. Asked for a mini-fridge and one was brought up immediately. They helped us with reservations for dinner. Subway was right there, which we used to get to the waterfront and visit Quincy Market and the aquarium. Beds were super comfortable and room was quite spacious. We had a Fenway Room which directly overlooked the stadium. I suppose my only negative was the shower. I found it hard to monitor the water temp. I'd get it right where I wanted it, warm, and then it would change to either burning or freezing. With that said, the rates were good (for Boston) and there were restaurants in walking distance, subway right there, made it a great place to stay. Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
FOManagerHC, Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Rona0103,

I hope you and your son enjoyed Boston University. Boston is a great city to go to college. I apologize about the issue with your shower. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so we are able to resolve this issue. I look forward to hearing from you.

Smcweeny@hotelcommonwealth.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (689)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We decided on the Commmonwealth based on the TripAdvisor reviews and were not disappointed. It was our first time in Boston and the location of the Commonwealth is excellent for access for everything you want to do in Boston.
The rooms are large and comfortable, we couldnt hear any traffic noise and they are well appointed. The restaurants downstairs are great, although you need to book as they are very popular.

Room Tip: Ask for a junior suite.
Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Andrew M,

I hope you enjoyed your first trip to Boston! Thank you for your review about our location and our rooms. We hope to see you again soon.

Worcester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The room was spacious and beautiful. I appreciated the 2 large easy chairs since most have only one. We only stayed one night but bedside tables and in room coffee would have made it worth the price.
Why do I have to keep writing to reach 200 characters this is a silly requirement. How about an ongoing word count?

Room Tip: Did not use pool or spa. You need an N/A on your rating scale
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Alice G,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We do offer complimentary Keurig coffee makers upon request. Please contact me at your earliest convenience and I can add this note to your profile.

Nashville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Art $350 a night and looking at some photos I really thought the room would be larger. The hotel is in an excellent location, very close to Fenway, restaurants, shopping, etc. The room itself didn't have the greatest amenities either. No bottled water, no in room bar, and unimpressive sheets. I don't plan on staying at again.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear knealagent,

I apologize that the size of your guest room did not meet your expectations. We do offer complimentary bottled water at the front desk. Please contact me at your earliest convenience, as I would love to discuss your stay further. I look forward to hearing from you.

Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Well located, with subway litterally underneath it, spacious room and friednly service.. Also good internet speed !! also close to Fenway Stadium ! Also the best clam chowder restaurant in the city is in the corner..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear djalmabritto,

Thank you very much for your review and kind words about our staff. I am thrilled you were able to enjoy Island Creek Oyster bar as well. We hope you will stay with us again.

Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The folks at the front desk were amazing! Helpful in everyway. Room service was quick and staff very polite. The hotel is in prime location for visiting BU and and shopping on Newbury and Boylston. Easiest place in town to get a taxi, beautiful lobby and great restuarants.

Room Tip: My room was quiet even though it was close to the elevators.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
FOManagerHC, Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear JoAnne S,

Thank you for your kind words about our staff and our location. We are very proud of the level of service our staff is able to provide to all of our guests. We hope to see you again soon.

No.Springfield,VT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My daughters and I stayed at the Hotel Commonwealth this week and had an excellent experience We were greeted with very personable reservationists and champagne! The hotel is just around the corner from Fenway Park and our room looked onto the back wall of the stadium itself. The lobby and hallways are bright and cheery with bright colors and great lighting. Our room was perfect for the three of us. Two extremely comfortable double beds and wonderful cushy pillows. All areas of the room and bathroom were immaculate. The only thing that wasn't a huge deal was the shower. The shower head wouldn't totally work so we only had half the spray come out. We mentioned this to a housekeeper and she smiled, spoke with eye contact and said she'd call maintenance right off. A really nice person. Another nice thing was that we left a phone in the car, we called to have it brought up to the room and the valet delivered in minutes. To conclude, we would definitely stay at the Hotel commonwealth again and we'd certainly recommend it to others based on location, quality of service, and clean, updated atmosphere.

Room Tip: I've only stayed once and our room was in a location that looked onto the back of Fenway Park wh...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear meggie16,

Thank you very much for your review. I am thrilled you and your daughters enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize about the shower in your room. I hope we were able to resolve this issue for you. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

All the best,

Smcweeny@hotelcommonwealth.com

Been to Hotel Commonwealth? Share your experiences!