This classy hotel has wonderful service and staff. We got a great deal on a gorgeous suite, where we could watch the July 4th fireworks - although we could not open up the windows, it still was very cool after a tiring day of touring to relax in our room.
We arrived in a rental car which we needed to return to a downtown Boston location, and the Valets were very helpful and allowed us to leave the car in place, and get settled in to the hotel so we could take our time returning the car. The staff was always very good, and we really were thankful for Nick the concierge for steering us to some great restaurants each night. It's the small things we notice, and doorman, bellman, front desk staff that greet the guests really go a long way for travelers. I will add this hotel to a short we have kept of "service oriented" hotels in our travels - ones not found often in the US unfortunately.
The suite was exceptional with 14+ ceilings, and large expansive windows, which reminded us of grand hotels of the past. My wife loved the pillows, and bed, as I found the bed a bit soft, but while traveling, a bed is a crap shoot for me. My only "room" complaint with these large suites can be the heating/cooling controls, and again the staff sent someone to reset the control for us after we tried to adjust it! Nice coffee maker in the room, Kuerig style, and mini bar was stocked well, and moreover not insanely priced! We enjoyed a half bottle of champagne while watching the fireworks for the same price one pays for a glass in a bar.
The hotel location is not close to the "historical" central area of Boston, and that is the only issue we had with our choice of locations. We are "walkers", and I like to get my walking miles in as part of the day, but it was sweltering hot the week we were in Boston, and so we would have walked to our destinations more often. The walk in the area was very nice along Commonwealth Blvd and the Back Bay areas, and the bars around Fenway are cool as well. Although there is not a cafe and restaurant that is hotel badged, there are two eating establishments that you can have billed to your room.
- STAFF, STAFF, STAFF!
- Impeccably clean.
- Historical feel.
- Neighborhood becomes very crowded on ball game nights.
We have a short list of hotels that have staff and service at the higher end (Hotel Georgia in Vancouver, most Canada based Fairmont properties, Avia in Napa), and this hotel will be added to that list.
- Also Known As:
- Commonwealth Hotel Boston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Hotel Commonwealth, a luxury Boston boutique hotel offering elegance and style in downtown Boston Massachusetts. The grand cornerstone of Boston’s Kenmore Square, Hotel Commonwealth features gracious hospitality with classic style. Just steps away from world class medical institutions, the Back Bay, Red Sox games at Fenway Park, and Boston’s many cultural and historical attractions, luxurious Hotel Commonwealth is a relaxing and elegant oasis for an urban adventure or business gathering. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Commonwealth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.