“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Commonwealth

Save Saved
You added Hotel Commonwealth to your Saves list
Hotel Commonwealth
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215 (Fenway / Kenmore)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Boston
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Commonwealth on July 4th..We arrived around 12 noon..Having tickets to the Red Sox at 1:30PM, we were pleased to find that we were allowed to checkin early..We were greeted by the most personable valet that I have ever encountered..He had our car taken.. and we checked in with the friendliest front desk staff. They were so kind to offer us bottled water (it was so hot that day). We were given an upgrade to a suite (trip advisor coupon)..What a room!! It was beautiful..We were facing Commenwealth Ave..Never heard a peep from the crowd or the traffic..The bed and the ac were so comfortable. Towels and linens were so great. After the game..we came back to the hotel and while passing the valet and the front desk, we were always treated with a warm welcome back..I wish we could have stayed longer..Congrats to the hotel staff and management for this outstanding service..This is our second stay here and we will return!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
FOManagerHC, Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Mowalls,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your 4th of July stay. I am thrilled you enjoyed the upgrade into our Commonwealth Junior Suite. We look forward to seeing you again.

Smcweeny@hotelcommonwealth.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (666)
Jeffersonville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I and our 9-month-old baby stayed for nearly a week at the Commonwealth while he was in town for a conference. I enjoyed the room very much. It was scrupulously clean, which I appreciated since our little guy gets into every little nook and cranny. The staff set up a pack and play crib for us and even provided a nice little set of Johnson & Johnson set that included lotion, tear-free soap, powder, and diaper cream. I thought that was a nice little touch. The front desk staff even gave my son a little rubber ducky to play with as we were headed out one morning.

The entertainment center included a DVD player that was simple to use to put the baby's video on. The bed was very comfortable and the large desk provided ample space for two separate work areas. I moved some of the furniture to keep the little guy out of the outlets and away from sharp corners or things that he shouldn't disturb and I kept having to lock the waste baskets in the bathroom so they wouldn't get turned over. We would return from a day of sightseeing to find everything back in its original place and I would move everything again. The bathroom was very large and, again, very clean. The tub was a bit slippery, but there was a rubber mat provided so we used it when giving the baby a bath.

I utilized the front desk staff's knowledge of the area on a number of occasions. They were helpful, especially when the subway line was out of commission one morning and I had to find alternate transportation. The valet service was very prompt. The instructions that are given state to allow 20 minutes for your vehicle to be brought around, but it never took more than five minutes. On one occasion, housekeeping forgot to place fresh towels in our room, but a quick call to the front desk was all it took to have some brought up along with a profuse apology.

Overall I thought the room was nicely laid out and large enough not to feel cramped when spending the day in with a restless toddler, and even with the crib taking up some extra space. It was by far the cleanest and best maintained hotel I've ever stayed in, and the staff was excellent. We had breakfast at Eastern Standard one morning and the quality of the food was very high and they were accommodating of special requests.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear LacyPhillips,

Thank you very much for your review and comments on our staff and rooms. Our housekeeping team does a wonderful job maintaining the hotel. I am thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This hotel is in a great location right around the corner from Fenway and just a few steps from the T. The staff is very helpful and goes above and beyond even before you arrive. They had strawberries and champagne waiting on us upon arrival for our anniversary. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Bill G,

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope we were able to make your anniversary unique and memorable. We hope to see you again next year.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

From the moment of arrival the Commonwealth is a spectacular experience! Our second stay here and we will be back again next week. My wife won't stay anywhere else. I was in hotel management for 15 years and consider it a privilege to enjoy the warm staff with beautiful rooms in a great location. Thanks again

• Stayed July 2013
Dear DMJftlaud,

Thank you for posting a review about your stay and your kind words about our staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Close to Fenway and the T which is very convenient. The two restaurants on site are both excellent. The rooms are clean and very quiet with well-appointed bathrooms. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Suites with a curtain for a "divider" are ideal if you want to separate the sleeping area...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
FOManagerHC, Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear springer01,

Thank you very much for providing us with feedback about your recent stay with us. We are very fortunate to have two great restaurants attached to the hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

While looking for somewhere to stay in Boston, this hotel caught my eye as the number one hotel in Boston, then when I saw it's proximity to Fenway I thought "Sold"! As we had tickets to a couple of Sox games and it was something we were really looking forward to, I thought the very expensive rates would be worth it. Yes, location to Fenway is superb and the view overlooking the ballpark are unbeatable. Other than that it is a nice hotel with a couple of great restaurants underneath, but Number One? The standard of our Fenway Room overlooking the stadium was pretty ordinary, but the real problem was the very loud noise coming from the vent. We thought it was the air conditioning and turned it off, but no. It was so loud I had to use earplugs and the bed was vibrating. At 12:30am I called the front desk who very kindly relocated us to another room facing the Square. Thank goodness it was much quieter and we stayed there for the remainder of our 4 day stay. Unfortunately we also had housekeeping knock on our door at 8:30am the next morning waking us up after our disturbed night, then the following night another knock on the door at 10:30pm waking us up again for a sofa bed turndown that we had not requested, wrong room apparently?

The staff from the Concierge to the front desk to room service are fantastic, 5 stars for sure! In my opinion though, the hotel itself is OK but certainly not worth $450 a night which is what we paid.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear jc2626,

Thank you very much for your feedback and positive remarks about our service. I hope you had a great time at the Red Sox game. I do however apologize about the opportunities you experienced while you were here. I can assure you that the issues have been addressed. I would love to discuss your stay further. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you.

Hermitage, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The Hotel Commonwealth is first class - and a gorgeous setting for wedding photos. The staff is wonderful, we have been staying here for 10 years, and they have never disappointed us!
The rooms are beautiful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear MagNoodles,

Thank you very much for your continued loyalty. I am thrilled you enjoyed the wedding. We look forward to seeing you again.

Smcweeny@hotelcommonwealth.com

Been to Hotel Commonwealth? Share your experiences!