“Exceptional” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Commonwealth

You added Hotel Commonwealth to your Saves list
Hotel Commonwealth
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215 (Fenway / Kenmore)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The Hotel Commonwelth truly exceeded my expectations! From the moment you enter there's just a sense of serenity that overcomes you! The staff is welcoming and helpful, the air smells of roses (which was amazing because I didn't see any flowers), and the hotel feels like an elegant home. Upon checking in and proceeding to my room I was pleasantly surprised by the size of my standard room it was huge! There were 7 windows overlooking downtown and the furnishings were beautiful and comfortable. Not only did they look like the best of the best they truly were. Finally, the two most important aspects of a hotel stay are cleanliness and quiet. The Hotel Commonwealth was by far the cleanest hotel room I have ever stayed in and for a city room there was absolutely no city noise! I absolutely loved my stay!! Can't way to go back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
FOManagerHC, Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Kimberly G,

It is always wonderful to hear about an experience that exceeded expectations from start to finish. Our housekeeping and engineering teams do a great job on the upkeep of our property and I am thrilled that you appreciated it. We also can not wait for you to come back!

Warm regards,

Smcweeny@hotelcommonwealth.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (688)
Windsor, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I had booked the Kenmore room for my stay on 3/19/13 and when I arrived I was instantly upgraded to the Fenway double queen without even asking. After receiving my room keys I inquired about how far away the hospital I was going to the next morning was and they instantly offered to arrange a complimentary private car (which was an Escallade) to take me in the morning so I wouldn't have to drive in the snow storm. I graciously accepted. The room was on the top floor and the view was the center of Fenway Park. The room was spotless and beautiful. The beds were very comfortable. The entire staff from the front desk to the valet, door men, chauffeur, and house keeping staff were very friendly and professional. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Hope G,

I am happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary house car. It certainly makes travelling easier, especially in a snow storm. It is great to hear that all of our staff presented the same friendly and professional attitude. We look forward to serving you again.

Regards,

Pembroke, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I really can't say enough about The Hotel Commonwealth!!! My Husband and I have stayed there before because we go to a show at The House of Blues every year. The entire staff is extremely friendly and very helpful. The hotel is immaculate!!! Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will happily return again soon. <3

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear brian6937,

Thank you for yet another kind review. We are thrilled that you return every year to see a show at the House of Blues. We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stopped here on Saturday night for drinks and light bites with friends. I was excited to see that they had La Quercia cured meats on the menu, because I a) love their prosciutto & speck, & b) love the family that makes them (and they're from IOWA!). When the hostess heard I knew the family, she sent over a plate of their meats for us to nibble on with our drinks, on the house. Had several other small plates, and each was very well-prepared. Drinks and food are a bit on the pricey side, but not unreasonable given the setting. Will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is a great hotel in Kenmore Square. Two excellent restaurants and just feet from the Boston transit system. A short walk to Fenway Park. The service at the hotel, as well as the quality of the rooms is among the best in Boston.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear GREG4723,

I am happy that you enjoyed the service here at the Hotel Commonwealth. We believe friendly and personalized service is what sets us apart. We hope you will stay with us again.

Warm regards,

Smcweeny@hotelcommonwealth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We had a great stay at Hotel Commonwealth and we will definitely visit again. The people were so helpful and nice, the hotel was clean, and the beds were comfortable. Everything about our stay was fun and easy (and we were travelling with kids). Totally recommend it!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear VtSmiths,

Thank you for providing us with feedback, we appreciate your kind review. We look forward to serving you again.

San Jose, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

All the rave reviews are true!! I picked Hotel Commonwealth because of the glowing Tripadvisor reviews. My expectations were pretty high and I have to say I was still impressed. The doorman was so incredibly friendly he felt like an old friend. Front desk staff were super friendly as well. And I got personal emails both before arriving and after departing from the hotel staff. Service is just simply excellent. The rooms were large and very comfortable with every amenity expected from a 5 star hotel. Room had view of Fenway Park. I love the location of the hotel because it is very central to all parts of the city. Attention to detail is phenomenal and nothing is overlooked at this hotel. Highest recommendation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Dan S,

I am happy to hear that your stay lived up to your expectations! We are fortunate to have a great front office team that allows us to provide exceptional service to each and everyone of our guests. We truly appreciate your recommendation and hope to see you again soon.

Smcweeny@hotelcommonwealth.com

Been to Hotel Commonwealth? Share your experiences!