“Boston Gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Commonwealth

Save Saved
You added Hotel Commonwealth to your Saves list
Hotel Commonwealth
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215 (Fenway / Kenmore)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #2 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Boston Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

From the time they open the door until you check out, the staff was wonderful. The room, amenities, and the comfortable bed made my business trip a dream. Perfect for business, a couples retreat or a family resting spot.... Will come back again!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
FOManagerHC, Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear SenicGorge,

Thank you very much for providing us with feedback. I am happy you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us. We can’t wait to see you again soon.

smcweeny@hotelcommonwealth.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (663)
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and I spent two private, peaceful nights at the Commonwealth while visiting daughter in Boston. Staff was exceptionally attentive, friendly, and well trained. Hotel was secure (doormen, room keys required for elevator) and well located to explore Boston. Very much enjoyed Eastern Standard food, service, ambiance. Would definitely return and recommend to others.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SixthKid,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We really appreciate it! I am thrilled that you and your husband enjoyed our location and staff. We take pride in the level of service we are able to provide. We hope to see you again soon.

Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is a fantastic place to stay with two great restaurants attached. I had meals from both and enjoyed them. The exercise facility is quite nice and the overall feel of the hotel is excellent. I will comment that my shower was not the most pleasant experience as the shower head had jets that were painful so that was definitely a detraction. Easy walk to where I was visiting for the day.

Room Tip: I was upgraded to a suite and it was a great room. The view was not my concern, but the upgrade was...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sloan S,

Thank you very much for writing a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and specifically the fitness center. We are able to adjust the water pressure in guest room showers upon request. Please contact me directly and I can add this note to your profile. We hope to see you again soon.

San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was at the Commonwealth Hotel for the "Nemo" storm - the huge winter storm of 2013. The hotel and restaurant staff were excellent - you would not have known there was a state of emergency outside. Service was seamless, the staff were smiling, and what could have been an uncomfortable 24 hours was instead just another day at a luxury hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms "overlooking" Fenway Park actually just look at the side of the Park, not into t...
Dear Susan T,

Thank you very much for providing us with feedback. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us during the blizzard. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Merrimack, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Plans had already been made to stay at your hotel, and then Blizzard 2013 hit. Luckily for us the travel ban was lifted at 4PM which allowed us to come for a visit. The staff was totally overwhelmed with the guests who arrived considering there were few rooms ready. The management graciously offered a free drink or appetizer at the restaurant. This is our third stay at the hotel primarily because of the location to BU and central Boston. The rooms are clean and spacious. The only thing we did not like are the feather pillows and soft beds. Our next visit we will bring our own pillows.

Dear KathyF1990,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during the blizzard. I apologize that you did not enjoy the feather pillows. We do offer foam pillows upon request. Please contact me directly and I can add this note to your profile. I look forward to hearing from you.

Trondheim, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I always stay here when I am in Boston, great service and very fine rooms. This time I stayed during the February 2013 blizzard. The hotel were able to maintain a proper service level in spite of the very bad weather. This is one of my favorite hotels worldwide

The Eastern Standard restaurant (part of the hotel) has great seafood and great atmosphere

Room Tip: No big difference between the rooms really and the cheapest is very good
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear vhepsoe,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us again. I wish we could have provided better weather, but I am glad the level of service still met your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Warm regards,

madison, wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Hotel Commonwealth is a beautiful hotel in a great location. T stop right outside, flanked by two outstanding restaurants, and a short walk to Fenway make it a fantastic choice for couples or families. Highly recommended.

Dear f275lusso,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I am thrilled you enjoyed our location and two restaurants. We look forward to seeing you again.

smcweeny@hotelcommonwealth.com

Been to Hotel Commonwealth? Share your experiences!