“Simply Superb” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Commonwealth

Save Saved
You added Hotel Commonwealth to your Saves list
Hotel Commonwealth
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215 (Fenway / Kenmore)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Summer Stay Longer Promo
Ranked #1 of 77 hotels in Boston
Niskayuna, New York
“Simply Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I honestly cannot say enough about this gem of a hotel. It is in a great location near both Boston University and the Prudential Center . It is very clean and comfortable and the restaurant Eastern Standard provides delicious en suite cuisine. The best part however is the staff. From the front desk to the bellman, the concierge to the valet you cannot find a lovelier or more accommodating group of people. Suffice it to say my son and I truly enjoyed our stay at this jewel on Commonwealth Avenue!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
FOManagerHC, Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Anne Marie S,

We really appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your recent stay. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our location and the service of our staff. It is always rewarding reading compliments of the Hotel Staff. We look forward to seeing you and your son again in the future.

Best,

2,550 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (624)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The Hotel Commonwealth is a wonderful hotel. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The location is excellent. I went to both restaurants and was extremely pleased with the food and drinks as well as the servers. In my opinion the number one thing about the Hotel Commonwealth that every person who worked worked there was extremely pleasant and incredibly helpful. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear egalotta,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I am so happy that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay here at Hotel Commonwealth. I am glad you were able to try both of our restaurants, they are both fantastic. We can’t wait to see you again.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This hotel was wonderful, clean, charming, and the restaurant on the property we ate at (Eastern) was delicious. The staff was courteous from bellman, front desk, and wait staff. I was greeted by name, treated politely, and did not want for anything. We stayed there only briefly for business, but I would definitely stay again, for business or pleasure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jennifer R,

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Commonwealth! We strive to provide personalized service to every one of our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Very clean and modern hotel in a great location, that is however lacking some creature comforts. For instance, there is no coffee maker in room so you have to resort to the neighborhood delis for your caffeine fix, you are warned not to put anything into the room fridge as this may automatically trigger a charge for the minibar (indeed, it did) and nice touches, such as a free newspaper delivered to the room come only at a repeated request. While I liked the large room overlooking Kenmore Sq., I will probably try another hotel on my next trip to Boston.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear CH,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you enjoyed the location and cleanliness of our hotel. We do provide complimentary Keurig Coffee Makers along with complimentary refrigerators in guest rooms upon request. Please contact me directly so I can add this note to your profile. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is gorgeous and conveniently located near the Kenmore station stop. The room was clean and impressive. The bed was amazingly comfortable and the lounge area was cozy and well designed. Excellent service both in the hotel and the eastern standard restaurant!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear AJC1988,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our location and level of service throughout the hotel. We hope to see you again in the future.

Sandwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We will be back! My wife and I could not find anything wrong with this property. Being in the business for 30 plus years I was looking, very clean and the staff from start to finish were very professional. Felt like we were in a "5 Star Property" without the paying the price. It's our new place to stay in the city and we are looking forward to returning soon!
Please share this with all your staff. NICE JOB!
GC & KC

Room Tip: Our room 414 was prefect on the fourth floor over looking Commonwealth Ave.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
FOManagerHC, Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Gary C,
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay here at the Hotel Commonwealth. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Glenview, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Nicely appointed room. Selected a King Room, Upper Floor. Everything looked relatively new and cleanliness appeared impeccable. The Hotel is in a good location, VERY close to Fenway Park so its in a good location. Parking is Valet only so be aware. The staff/service was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tinker 1357,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us feedback. I am thrilled you enjoyed the location of our property. We hope to see you again during Red Sox season!

Smcweeny@hotelcommonwealth.com

Been to Hotel Commonwealth? Share your experiences!