“Beautiful hotel, wonderful service.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Commonwealth

You added Hotel Commonwealth to your Saves list
Hotel Commonwealth
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215 (Fenway / Kenmore)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Boston
“Beautiful hotel, wonderful service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is gorgeous and conveniently located near the Kenmore station stop. The room was clean and impressive. The bed was amazingly comfortable and the lounge area was cozy and well designed. Excellent service both in the hotel and the eastern standard restaurant!

• Stayed February 2013
FOManagerHC, Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear AJC1988,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our location and level of service throughout the hotel. We hope to see you again in the future.

Smcweeny@hotelcommonwealth.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (687)
Sandwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We will be back! My wife and I could not find anything wrong with this property. Being in the business for 30 plus years I was looking, very clean and the staff from start to finish were very professional. Felt like we were in a "5 Star Property" without the paying the price. It's our new place to stay in the city and we are looking forward to returning soon!
Please share this with all your staff. NICE JOB!
GC & KC

Room Tip: Our room 414 was prefect on the fourth floor over looking Commonwealth Ave.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
FOManagerHC, Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Gary C,
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay here at the Hotel Commonwealth. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Glenview, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Nicely appointed room. Selected a King Room, Upper Floor. Everything looked relatively new and cleanliness appeared impeccable. The Hotel is in a good location, VERY close to Fenway Park so its in a good location. Parking is Valet only so be aware. The staff/service was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tinker 1357,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us feedback. I am thrilled you enjoyed the location of our property. We hope to see you again during Red Sox season!

N Cal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Room 308 has sporadic hot water. I lost mine in the middle of a shower; I had to turn it off and wait a minute or two for hot water to return. At the sink, I was about to rinse off my soapy face, I waited a few minutes for hot water to return. In frustration, I groped by way to the tub which at that moment did have warm-ish water to rinse my face. Or I was just so cold, it seemed warm in comparison.

I had 2 kids with me visiting in January. We weren't too keen on wandering around Kenmore for a restaurant in freezing temps, so we tried twice (on Fri and Sat nights) for Eastern Standard but there was a long wait and it was not kid-friendly. We thought for certain we'd get a table on Sunday night when the weekend crowds were away. Alas, BOTH hotel restaurants were closed on Sunday! We went to Uno for a second night in a row.

The people were friendly and service was prompt. The room was nice and the hotel is convenient to the subway. The gym was okay, what you'd expect to see at Hampton Inn. The neighborhood restaurants were lacking especially for children. Uno, a frigid block away saved us.)

But the lack of hot water is inexcusable. I haven't lacked hot water (mid-shower no less!) at Holiday Inns.

Room Tip: Room 308 does not have consistent hot water!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear WallawallaNCal,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. I am so sorry about the opportunities you encountered with the hot water in your room. I can ensure you we have looked into this matter. I am thrilled however that you appreciated our staff and level of service. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Warm regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in hotels all over Boston and nothing beats this one, great location, great staff, amazing restaurants on site, and unsurpassed service. Even the cheapest room is immaculate and huge. I was there on business and decided to come back the next weekend just for fun! great job hotel commonwealth!

• Stayed January 2013
Dear pcliff62,

Thank you so much for your review! I am so glad you enjoyed your room and most of all our staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards,

South Windsor, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel is absolutely wonderful. We were there for a wedding. The staff was extremely attentive and friendly, the rooms were spacious and meticulous, and the attached restaurant, Eastern Standard, was fabulous. I would definitely stay again and also recommend to others!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor - room 202 - and had a good view of Fenway Park!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear DianeMiller22,

Thank you for your feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed our hotel and had a fun time at the wedding. We are very fortunate to have a great restaurant like Eastern Standard attached to the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Best,

Summit, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Just had a delightful stay at the Hotel Commonwealth in Kenmore Square. Their warm welcome made me forget the absolutely frigid weather. The hotel seems new, the staff was eager to please, the location is fantastic and there were a number of superb dining options nearby. The accommodations were first rate--my room was warm and quiet and I appreciated the complementary WiFi, turn down service and shoe shine service!

Room Tip: Baseball fans might want to ask for a view of Fenway Park!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Alice W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the Hotel Commonwealth, our location, and our staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Warm Regards,

Smcweeny@hotelcommonwealth.com

Been to Hotel Commonwealth? Share your experiences!