“Amazing location, room, and staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Commonwealth

You added Hotel Commonwealth to your Saves list
Hotel Commonwealth
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215 (Fenway / Kenmore)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Amazing location, room, and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

On our drive to Maine from Philly, we stayed a single night in Boston last week, and chose the Commonwealth. We could not have made a better choice. Due to rush hour traffic, we were running a bit behind for a restaurant dinner reservation we had made beforehand (Atlantic Fish on Boyleston). I was going to cancel it, since we were down to the wire and I expected it to take some time to get the car valeted, check in, and get luggage from car to room. To my wife's and my surprise, we pulled up to the front of the hotel, and were instantly greeted by the doorman, Jeff, who not only made sure our car was properly and promptly valed, but had our luggage up to our room by the time we checked in - which was only 5 minutes. We double-timed it to the restaurant, and were only 15 mins late (it was a 12 minute walk). Amazing! Plus the hotel is beautiful, clean, and comfortable. The view overlooking Commonwealth was amazing. The service couldn't have been better - we got the same expert treatment on our way out of the hotel. My wife and I are discerning travelers, and we couldn't stop talking about how amazing the Commonwealth was for the first 30 minutes during our drive to Maine. We are definitely staying here again!

Thanks, everyone!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (733)
  • Turkish first
Taft, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

I recently visited the East Coast for the first time, taking in a once in a lifetime baseball trip with my sons to New York and Boston. The proximity of the Commonwealth to Fenway Park (a five minute walk) was ideal. The Hotel's service was absolutely outstanding. Never one problem arose and the staff was always bright and friendly, ready to take care of our needs promptly. The only minus was the shower mats, the pointy things were a little annoying for my feet, but if that is the only issue, it can be tolerated. Overall, a wonderful stay in my Fenway room. Although pricey, I would highly recommend the Hotel Commonwealth to any potential visitor to Beautiful Boston.

• Stayed August 2012
Nottingham, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Lovely hotel! My husband and I were attending a conference at BU, and were looking for a place to stay the night before. Since it was also my husband's 40th birthday, I hoped to find something a little ahead of the curve. I liked the look and location of the place, but travelocity said it was booked for the date I wanted. Undeterred, I called the hotel directly, and they promptly found a nice room after being told of the special occasion. Upon arrival, we found we had been upgraded for free to the "reading room" -- a fabulous choice for my bibliophile husband, as the room is well appointed in classic literature! We also found a bottle of champagne, 4 lovely chocolate truffles from the restaurant onsite, lotion, soap, and a Happy 40th birthday card. The staff was helpful and courteous. This is not a bargain hotel, to be sure, but a solid choice for pampering and great service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
St Maarten-St Martin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Great service and setting right opposite Fenway park on coom. Avenue. The rooms are large and comfortable. Definately will be back. The famous Oyster island restaurant is right next door so it was very convenient for a late dinner. Next time in Boston will definately visit again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Nice hotel, good location, but pricey for the amenities. No coffee maker or microwave, just a mini bar with $4 cans of soda. Room was spotless, but the maids were very noisy in the morning. The doormen were exceptionally helpful. Internet was free and a good selection of channels on tv. I stayed there on business, but could not afford to stay here at a normal room rate.

• Stayed October 2012
essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Myself, my son and his partner recently stayed here for his 30th Birthday. I live in London and they live in Toronto. I had contacted the Concierge, Sam, before we stayed there and he recommended restaurants for my sons birthday and booked it for us. When we arrived he had arranged a bottle of Prosecco, fruit and nibbles and a birthday card for my son. A very nice touch. We had a room overlooking Fenway Park and the room was very big and spotlessly clean. There was only 1 robe in the room but they quickly sent up 2 more and slippers. The staff were very good. The Hotels brasserie was excellent with a great buzzy atmosphere around the bar and the waiter who served us was brilliant as was the food. The hotel is in an excellent position, as we had tickets for the Red Sox and very close to Newbury Street shopping. We all loved Boston and the Duck Tours are well worth doing, which you book in the Prudential building, where there is also the Legal Seafood Bar which was amazing and would really recommend it especially to sit up the bar and try their clam chowder. I would always recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Boston and get in touch with Sam who is so helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

A lovely hotel. Price can be an issue, but if you can get a discounted rate, then it is simply wonderful. Always happy to return.

Room is spacious and quite comfortable. Love that you get a direct phone line, i.e. family, friends, colleagues can call you directly without going through the switchboard.

Bathroom toiletries are a prized commodity at my house!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Commonwealth? Share your experiences!