“Amazing hotel for business travelers” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Commonwealth

You added Hotel Commonwealth to your Saves list
Hotel Commonwealth
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215 (Fenway / Kenmore)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Amazing hotel for business travelers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I'm a SPG starlet, so I wasn't excited about staying here despite our president's reassurance of how it's one of his favorite places to stay. The service, products, in-room dining and fitness center was amazing. I was very pleased in how helpful the staff was in ensuring I had what I needed on my trip - whether it was fitting in a healthy breakfast before a busy day or getting copies of talking points to my room late at night or making sure my shoes were shined and in top form for my meetings (complimentary). The little things helped to make a hectic business trip that much better. I would definitely stay here again next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (687)
Excelsior, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I've been in Boston on business and have stayed at the Commonwealth multiple times. I also had an opportunity to stay at the Ritz, and I can say that the Commonwealth beats the Ritz hands down. The rooms are larger and more comfortable, the service is just as incredible, and the location of the Commonwealth is more desirable. Situated between two delicious restaurants and across the street from Fenway, this hotel is in a prime spot. My stays there have been memorable and on any future trips to Boston, it will be the place I choose first. Also you can't beat the room service since the menu is from Eastern Standard, the restaurant next door.

Room Tip: The south side of the hotel faces Fenway Park if you're a baseball fan.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Alpharetta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I did not choose the hotel but am glad it was recommended by my brother with whom we were traveling. In decades of traveling I have rarely stayed at a property where the service was so thoroughly professional in a friendly manner. I did not have the opportunity to try the two restaurants but understand their reputation is excellent. The location is unbeatable for Fenway Park or Boston University. The Kenmore Square T Station is literally next to the front door.

Room Tip: Although the "Fenway Rooms" afford you a great view of the outside of the stadium, this is...
somewhere
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Arrived hear just for a one-night stopover. The hotel is fairly easy to find on a busy road.
Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. We were quickly checked in and sent to our room.
It was clean and spacious and the decor felt a bit dated. Bathroom was wonderful, we could really see it had been recently renovated. Amenities were good.
Breakfast was a bit strange. Hardly any choice (french toast, egg benedict continental breakfast or omelette, off the top of my mind) but everything we tried was great. The french toast particularly. The staff were very friendly.
Overall we had a good experience but i can't say it was excellent.

Room Tip: Higher floors are the best.
Westwood, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

My husband took me and our one year old daughter to Boston for my 40th Birthday. Our stay at Hotel Commonwealth was everything the review stated. Believe me when I say I am not a fan of staying in hotels because of the cleanliness. I am usually turned off but the room that we stayed in was very clean and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful, they were very sweet to our daughter as well. The resturaunts that are attached to the hotel are great so if you get late on your first day you do not have to run out to go to a better place. The only thing that I was upset about was the parking. I hate to pay $42.00 a night to park at a hotel I am spending a lot money at.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Commonwealth room. It was nice because it had a little sitting area that we can cl...
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Beautiful hotel, excellent service from arrival to departure, great location. Very large room and bathroom. Clean, clean, clean. A comparison to Waldorf in NY but more quaint.

Room Tip: Large room and bathroom
Carol Stream, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Easter weekend was our first trip to Boston and we had the pleasure of staying at the Hotel Commonwealth! The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was large, clean and had an excellent view of Fenway Park. It's located right next door to the "T" so transportation was easy! I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Boston!

Room Tip: If you're a Red Sox fan, stay in the Fenway Room!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Commonwealth? Share your experiences!