“Brilliant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Commonwealth

You added Hotel Commonwealth to your Saves list
Hotel Commonwealth
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215 (Fenway / Kenmore)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #3 of 78 Hotels in Boston
Richmond, Virginia
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Business trip with Boston University (2 blocks away) and this place was perfect. View of Fenway outside of window, convenient to the airport ($35-$40, 25 min). Two above average restaurants attached to hotel. Free wifi, extremely courteous staff, comfortable bed. Really an excellent overall experience.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (740)
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Commonwealth for one night this past week for a reception and was impressed by their facilities and welcoming staff. The hotel is well decorated and is attached to two very nice restaurants. My room overlooked Fenway - big plus! I was on the 5th floor so I didn't experience any traffic noise even though I was facing the freeway. Oh, and room service was even attentive and quick (and delicious). I'd definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the back, facing Fenway! You'll be facing a highway, but you can't he...
washington dc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Outstanding room and service. Only issue was loud housekeepers in hall starting about 8am.

Rollinsford, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Located right in Kenmore Square, great location. Hotel was beautiful. We stayed in the Fenway Room. Bed was comfortable and plenty of pillows. I would definetly plan on staying here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

Located at Kenmore square... just across from Fenway and Landsdowne... We stayed because of a function we went to at the House of Blues... We were just staying the night and so wasn't expecting much. The Hotel was beautiful though.. The rooms are spacious with a separate sitting area. We were overlooking Kenmore Square but there are rooms overlooking Fenway as well. The check in/check out was easy and the people at the desk were friendly and very helpful.
We've decided based on our experience to stay at this hotel in the future when we want to stay downtown for events or just a weekend on the town..

New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

As the parent of a senior at Boston University, I have stayed at a number of hotels and bed & breakfast locations in Boston over the years. My recent stay left me wondering why I did not find Hotel Commonwealth sooner. During a major power outage at my home, I had a need for a hotel close to my daughter that would allow me to continue my business, working remotely. Hotel Commonwealth was the perfect choice.

The staff arranged for a wonderful room. At first I was concerned because the location was on a low floor overlooking Kenmore Square. My concerns were incorrect. The windows and curtains totally blocked the sound and light. The free Internet was flawless in connecting to my Company’s VPN for the duration of the stay. Further, my employer commented that the telephone reception during our conference calls was actually much more clear than my own home office.

Since most are not looking for an office away from their office, I will share that the bed was very comfortable. I have never experienced such a warm wonderful shower in any hotel or home. It seems like an odd feature to highlight, however, most hotels are usually lacking in water pressure. Not Hotel Commonwealth, where I revelled in the warmth and steam. Fluffy towels and the accompanying spa bath products rounded out the experience.

The location of the hotel is convenient to Boston University, area restaurants, the T, and a short walk to shopping (Newbury Street) and more restaurants. The staff was as accommodating as they could be when I needed to extend my stay due to the continuing power outage at home. All the staff was wonderful, from the efficient valet parking, helpful front door personnel, to the friendly front desk staff. I will definitely choose the Hotel Commonwealth for a future stay in Boston.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
New London, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

We were looking for a classy hotel that offered all-in-one services...and we found it at the Hotel Commonwealth! The rooms are gorgeous, with comfortable, plush pillows and bedding. The junior suite had a comfortable sitting area and work space. Loved the bathroom...do wish the shower was a little bigger, not quite made for two! The hotel also has a gallery, which was a fun diversion.

The best part of the hotel were the restaurants/bars! We didn't want to waste the majority of or one night in Boston fighting the cold and traffic, and with two restaurants and a bar we didn't have to! The Hawthorne was amazing! Pricey, yes, but everything there was first class. The bartenders love their craft and are more than willing to educate you along the way. The cocktails were delicious, with special touches. We had dinner at Island Creek Oyster Bar. To die for! The salmon tartar is a must! Again, great service...from the hostess who held our table (we were having too much fun at the Hawthorne!) to the great bartender. Even the guests were fun! We topped off the stay with brunch at Eastern Standard! Yummy!! And the service was excellent, along with the food!
We will definitely return to The Commonwealth!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Commonwealth? Share your experiences!