“Interesting, Informative and Yummy!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 175 Activities in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: Yummy Walks offers fun and delicious walking, food tasting, and discovery tours. We highlight off the beaten path "mom and pop" establishments that locals frequent as well as iconic eateries and restaurants. Throughout, we incorporate unique and delicious food tastings. Besides the great food, our guests learn the history, culture, architecture, and entertainment offerings of a specific neighborhood.Our tours include: Foods of the Freedom Trail, North End/Little Italy Food Tour, and the Chowda/Seafood Tour.
Seattle, Washington
32 attraction reviews
“Interesting, Informative and Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Really enjoyed strolling thru North Boston at a leisurely pace and alternating between viewing historic sights and tasting really good Italian food. The group was small (6) and the tour guide was very good. More than willing to take time to answer questions and make suggestions. The highlight for us on the historic side was the Old North Church and on the tasting side was the cannoli at Marie's Bakery. In fact we went back the next day for more cannoli!

Rockport, Massachusetts
“Little Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Don't pack your bags, Italy's right here in Boston. If you want to sample Italian culinary delights , learn some colonial history and enjoy a little exercise, this experience is for you! Our guide was knowledgeable of the North End's history as well as the origin of local Italian cuisine. Food samples at one restaurant ranged from sweet ,spicy to bitter pasta dishes. Portions were generous with some to take home! What a nice surprise for tourists as well as people who have lived here all their lives. My 13 year old daughter now appreciates Boston more than she did before. She enjoyed eating authentic homemade pasta noodles and sauce that she originally thought came out of a box or a jar. We are looking forward to our next” Yummy” tour.

Pine Plains, New York, USA
42 attraction reviews
“Yummy and Informative”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We took the "Foods of the Freedom Trail" Yummy walk. Our guide was great. Very knowledgeable and friendly. It was clear that he loves Boston and wanted to share the food and history with the group.

You not only stop at restaurants, bakeries, and one great Italian grocery but at some of the historic places too. The Old North Church, Granary Burial Ground, and others along the way.

The food samplings ranged from OK to fabulous and I tried things I would not normally order. I think this is a good thing because you never know what you might be missing.

The lobster bisque at Mooo and the canoli at Mama Maria's were the food highlights for me.

It was a great walk on a beautiful day in a fabulous city

Hopewell, New York
60 attraction reviews
“Foods of the Freedom Trail”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This tour combines Boston history with food stops.
Our guide was well versed in history and was entertaining.
On our first stop we had a Lobster Bisque which was very tasty, there is a long time between the first and second food stop as you visit Old Granary and look at Paull Revere, John Hancock and Sam Adams gravesites. Then it was onto Sweet for a boston cream cupcake, of the cupcakes I sampled at Sweet this was the best but it is not a taste explosion. From there we continued on the Freedom Trail to Durgan Park and sampled some baked beans which were tastier than one might expect. Then it was into the north End for a stop at an Italian grocer where we sampled wonderful prosciutto, salami, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Then we tried samples of a breaded fried cheese & rice ball which had nice flavor, and a breaded seasoned mashed potato item which I didn't like as much as the rice. Our final stop on the tour was at Maria's Pastry for a cannoli. This was crazy good, and I am usually not a fan of cannoli but this one is really done well.
All in all we had a very nice time and would use this company again possibly for the North End tour. The only thing I would like too see is an addition of something a bit more savory. Almost everything we sampled was 100% carb. Normally I wouldn't eat this many carbs in an entire week so it was a bit of a shock to my system.

Wellesley, Massachusetts, United States
“Yummy Walk "Foods on the Freedom Trail"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Never having done one of these, I was skeptical BUT from the moment our tour guide, Robin, met us to the conclusion of the tour, I was so pleasantly surprised! It was educational, as well as "Yummy"! Places we stopped for food were A-1 spots, the portions of food to sample were very generous and we were immediately seated and served; I felt like a distinguished guest! I returned home with more knowledge of downtown Boston than when I arrived and completely satisfied! This trip was well organized and well-worth it. What a great idea to have someone point out historical sites in the City of Boston and get our tummies filled along the way - great idea and I highly recommend this journey to all! It truly is a YUMMY tour of the Freedom Trail!

Visited August 2012

Been to Yummy Walks? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Yummy Walks, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.