“A gem” 5 of 5 stars

Boston
26 attraction reviews
“A gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

One of the best smaller venues for performances, mostly classical , some jazz. Great acoustics . Since all the seats have I obstructed views, great for last minute decisions to see a show

Visited January 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
32 attraction reviews
“Great acoustics”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is a great venue to see chamber music or soloists perform. I've been to a few Celebrity Series events and the acoustics are wonderful. The seating layout is somewhat odd, and many of the seats in the balcony are somewhat slanted.

Visited March 2013
New York City, New York
439 attraction reviews
“A wonderful setting for hearing musical performances”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I will put out my reason for withholding the final star in my appraisal of Jordan Hall. In every performance I have attended, I have had to sit in the balcony, and while the hall as a whole is well-designed to keep every seat close to the stage, I don't like the way the balcony is set out. The seats are not comfortable and I just never feel terribly secure up there that I am hearing the music as well as people downstairs must be.

My reservation aside, I have been there for concerts of the Boston Early Music Festival for almost 10 years, and have heard lots of amazing music there. This festival coming this June, I will not be going to Jordan Hall, but I'm sure I will be back for future festivals. And I am going to do my darnedest to get orchestra seats. Then maybe I will be ready to award the hall that fifth star.

Visited June 2012
Northampton, Massachusetts, USA
39 attraction reviews
“Gorgeous concert hall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I attended a wonderful Boston Celebrity Series concert here, and I lingered afterward to admire the auditorium. NEC is the only music school in the United States designated as a National Historic Landmark. Jordan Hall was built in 1903 and renovated in 1995. They don't build 'em like this any more!

Visited February 2013
Acton, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
“viva verdi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Great acustics, decent level of performers, wonderful music, all of that for very low price of admission.

Visited January 2013