“More intense than expected” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boston Harbor Mini Speed Boats, Inc.

Boston Harbor Mini Speed Boats, Inc.
East India Row, India Wharf Marina, Boston, MA 02110
617-725-0900
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 139 activities in Boston
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Captain your own mini speedboat as you navigate Boston Harbor while following our knowledgeable instructor. During your excursion you’ll pass many historical sites such as; the Tea Party Ship and Museum, USS Constitution, Nantucket Light Ship, JFK Library, Fort Independence and many more harbor sites. The adventure starts out nice and slow, this will give you time to get familiar with the boat and its operation. Once we pass the no wake zone, it’s time to pick up the speed and have some FUN as we navigate our way to JFK library, Fort Independence and pass many small islands. On the return, we’ll once again enter the no wake zone and view the Nantucket Light Ship, USS Constitution, Charlestown Navy Yard and Boston’s iconic Zakim Bridge. It’s the most unique way to see Boston…it’s PURE FUN! Bring your camera and cherish the memories. We have a limited number of boats for each adventure, don’t miss out…reserve your boat soon.
Westwood, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
“More intense than expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Took my 15 year-old son on the boats on Saturday, Sept 1st. The tour of the inner harbor was relaxed and interesting and provided a unique perspective on some well known city landmarks. However, once we cleared the inner harbor and were permitted to throttle up, the experience changed dramatically. The combination of high swells and a small, fast-moving boat turned our little tour into a white-knuckle thrill ride that somehow managed to leave us simultaneously wrung out and soaking wet! Following some initial surprise and apprehension, we relaxed and began to enjoy the rollercoaster effect of cresting each large swell and crashing down on the other side. Our guide mentioned that it was a "bit rough" that day but he didn't seem overly concerned with the conditions. Even though we ended up enjoying the experience, I could imagine that many people would have decided that it was too intense and either lagged behind the group or headed back into the pier. Our guide was pleasant enough but he spoke very quickly and we missed most of his descriptions of landmarks and points of interest. I can only assume that most tours are MUCH more sedate than ours and that we were just "fortunate" (I'm still trying to decide) to pick a day when conditions turned this into more of a thrilling challenge than a peaceful harbor tour.

Visited September 2012

Tel Aviv, Israel
9 attraction reviews
“Must - do !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

What an incredibly fun thing to do on a otherwise sleepy Labor Day week-end. These tiny yellow boats are FAST ! The groups are relatively small and lead by a fun, easy going guide (our was Jerry, he was great ). You get to see Boston and the Harbor first, at an 'easy' pace and then it's time for racing !

Absolutely recommended ! (just be prepared to get wet and to laugh a lot !)

Visited September 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

My 10 year old nephew and I had a great time. We got to see sites around the harbor and floor the boat in open waters. They really do go fast. Our instructor Jason was cool and totally explained things to us before we got in the boat (I can't remember the last time that I actually drove a boat) and through walkie talkies while we were on the water. It was safe and a lot of fun, and we definitely would do it again.

Groton, Massachusetts
“Great fun and history too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I went with my son, his wife, and her sister (2 boats). EVERYONE had a great time. A super combination of "speedboat fun", harbor history, and a view of Boston's skyline that's hard to beat. Wonderful.

Los Angeles, California, United States
“The Best Way to Tour the Harbor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is my second time on the Mini Speed Boats. The first time was with my 9 year old daughter and we had an amazing time. The "tour" portion in the "no wake zone" was informative and fun. We went around the Boston Tea Party Museum and other landmarks. Once we hit open water and opened up the throttle, the fun was on! Bouncing through the waves and sea spray was exhilerating! This is great for people of all ages.
The Staff were great as well and well informed in water and boating safety. Because I had so much fun the first time I went again a few weeks later and had even more fun (as the water was a little choppier that day). I even had left my sunglasses in the boat and when I realized it and returned the next day, they had them there waiting for me. Great Service! Great Value! A must when visiting Boston!