“Surprising and Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Astoria, New York, United States
“Surprising and Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

From the moment you walk into NineZero, you know something is definitely different. The quirky furniture, mood lighting, and lobby tell you that you are in for an experience.

The hotel that I had originally booked in Boston for business was overbooked, so I landed at Nine Zero and boy am I glad I did.

The staff is gracious and attentive, the Highball Lounge is a hipster heaven, and even the elevators are sexy. With only 11 rooms on my floor, the rooms were spacious and sexy. This is the best mini bar I have ever seen in my life, and upon check in I was reminded that I could raid $10 worth on the house. So that's what I did. Lounging on the ostrich throw on the bed in my zebra print robe I had a glass [bottle] of wine and enjoyed the beautiful silence.

Before leaving for work the next morning. I took advantage of the in room yoga and yoga mat to do a quick practice before leaving feeling rested, focused and rejuvenated. My only complaint is that I only had one night at Nine Zero.

Thanks for the hospitality and I can not wait to return!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thomas F, General Manager at Nine Zero Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Greetings Daniel M,

Well first, you need to come back soon, so you can experience more of our attentive service and enjoy all of our amenities. I’m glad you enjoyed the décor, our creatively stocked mini-bar, and your morning yoga work out.

We’ll see you soon,

Thomas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Enjoyed our 6 night stay here in early December with the entire family. I always look for a Kimpton hotel whenever I travel to the USA and as usual this one did not disappoint. The location is so good....close to the Common, where we got to see the Christmas Tree lighting and skated on Frog Pond. Easy walking distance to Boylston and Newbury St for shopping and close to the Theatre for the Nutcracker. Also very close to TD Garden and Faneuil Hall.
The hotel felt like a home away from home. Sitting in the lobby was like sitting at home with a few friends enjoying a glass of wine and cup of apple cider with brandy.
The room was on the smaller side, but we were 4ppl.
Perfect location when staying in Boston.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hi purplecat22,

I won’t argue; our location is very central to many of the must see and do attractions in Boston. I’m glad we were able to create the comfortable and familiar feeling of hanging out with your friends in our very own living room. Four people for a week can make a lot of rooms feel cozy.

We look forward to you next visit,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Thomas and his team make this a super welcoming hotel in Boston. They behave as though they really care about each guest's experience. The staff go out of their way to help out guests. Rooms are very comfortable and I always sleep well (despite the time zone challenges). The hotel is well located to enjoy everything Boston has to offer. Unusually for a hotel, great for business, couples and families all together!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Greetings ben259,

I’m glad you picked up on our vibe; yes we care! I was pleased to note your guest room presented you with a relaxing environment and that you were able to have a great night’s sleep even after all that travel.

We look forward to your next visit across the pond,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stay here regularly when I come to Boston on business from the UK, usually around once a month for three days. There are 20 hotels closer to the office but I keep coming back here. Why? Great rooms, fantastic styling, friendly and really helpful staff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hi RibbitBoy,

I guess it’s not true what they say about location. I am thrilled you enjoy our guest rooms, the décor, and our accommodating staff.

We hope to see you again soon,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in September and had a lovely large room but with views of a brick wall outside! Great location right opposite Boston Commons and we walked (about 45mins) to the Red Sox game we went to. Breakfast was lovely and staff were very accommodating and friendly when our room key cards decided not to work! The hotel is beautifully designed however my advice would be that there are possibly other hotels in Boston which offer similarly central locations and luxury interior but for better value for your buck!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Emma M,

That’s quite a walk, but one I have done before to Fenway Park. It’s a great way to see the city. I’m glad you enjoyed the size of your guest room, but certainly understand that lovely red bricks are not your top choice for a view. I’m sorry your guest room keys decided to act up, but I was pleased to note our staff resolved the situation.

Opening day for the Red Sox is right around the corner so we hope to see you again soon,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed for 3 days over the Christmas Holiday. The Hotel was decked out for the holiday season. Very trendy. We loved the Happy Hour in the Lobby. Staff was extremely accommodating and very friendly. This is a pet friendly hotel and they went all out so your pet felt at home too. Great hotel and would definitely return again. Location was fantastic. We took a cab to the theatre to see the Nutcracker and it was terrific. Theatre was old world with so much history. Christmas Eve we went to the Italian section and had home cooking. The night before we ate at The Chart House. The hotel recommended it and we received a free appetizer and a dessert. Excellent meal and a wonderful historical restaurant. We loved our visit and look forwarded to returning again this summer.

• Stayed December 2013
Thomas F, General Manager at Nine Zero Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Hi MariaandEd,

It sounds like you had a well planned out Christmas visit to Boston, so I look forward to welcoming you back this summer to find out what you have in store. I’m glad you enjoyed our evening wine reception as well as our central location.

We’ll see you soon,

Durham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stayed on business. Great find. Lovely staff, salubrious environment. Felt pampered! Will certainly return next time I'm in Boston. Right in the centre so very handy for shops, bars etc. only had breakfast but it was good.
Highly recommended.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hi haywa_s,

I’m glad you had a chance to mix up your business with a little fun checking out the shops and restaurants in the area; so many to choose from. I was pleased to note our staff took great care of you.

We are ready for your return visit,

Thomas

Been to Nine Zero Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!